chapter forty-six

four short days passed, and it certainly seemed much faster. the rest of the week had been full of bliss.

each morning, [name] and shouto would walk to school together. they'd go to classes and train for the licensure exam. and in the evening they'd hang out in one of their rooms, watching movies, reading books, or even just doing homework.

what's funny was that after the first day, aizawa issued a warning that two students couldn't be alone in a room past six in the evening. it never stopped them, though. one of them would climb up the roof and climb down the other's balcony--shouto preferred him going over to [name]'s room for her safety but she insisted on alternating each night.

they'd stay up late--but not too late--talking about nearly anything.

and that was how the week went. now, the weekend is here and it's jam-packed for [name]. on saturday she had the promised coffee date with shouto, and on sunday she had the aptitude exam she was selected for.

b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ a̶ h̶u̶g̶e̶ f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶ n̶e̶r̶d̶, she was rather excited for both.

no, no, no, no.

[name] had spent the last hour trying to decide what to wear, yet every piece of clothing she tried on didn't seem like the best outfit. normally, she wouldn't have given it much thought, but then it struck her...

this was her first date.

not just her first date with shouto, but her first date entirely. sure, she had been the subject of affection of some of the other people in her previous schools, but she never really went out with them per se. not to mention how everyone seemed to be intimidated of her.

what the hell were you even supposed to do on a date?

her expertise in romance consisted of nothing but shoujo manga and romcom movies, highly unrealistic standards.

fuck it. she says in her head. trusting her gut, she goes with a floral [favorite color] off shoulder top and high waisted shorts, fitted with her favorite shoes. it didn't match as well as she pictured it in her head, but hell, she was comfortable and felt cute, and what else matters?

after a few more finishing touches, she heads down to the entrance of the dorm building where she and shouto agreed to meet.

she saw him waiting outside as she headed for the door, and when they made eye contact, his eyes lit up as a soft smile formed on his face.

she was blown away.

he wore a collared shirt with the the last button open and a light denim jacket on top of it with some jeans and sneakers. she could not comprehend how someone wearing such simple clothes could look so exquisite.

he seemed so... ethereal.

"hey," he says, "you look amazing."

[name] grins, "you don't look so bad yourself."

"shall we?"

...

the afternoon they spent together was amazing.