chapter three

this uniform is...

actually really cute.

[name] hates to admit it but she digs the cute red tie and the short green skirt. though she still preferred the shiketsu high uniform and she remembers reasoning that it "had the cute hat and made everyone look like cool sailors."

she smiles at fond memories but her face straightens out right after.

i'm really going to UA, huh.

--

7:16 AM

the classroom is... empty.

maybe she went to the wrong classroom? or maybe class doesn't actually start until next week?

[name]'s eye twitches.

is this some sort of joke?

no matter. she couldn't have been wrong. it's april and classes start today?

didn't it?

it's only the first day and somehow she'd already flopped in being a UA student.

whatever, if i do happen to be wrong and it is actually still a few days until vacation ends, then i'm sure someone's bound to stumble upon me and kick me out.

she crosses her arms in annoyance and pulls out her phone and earphones. i'll, put on some queen.

i'll just sleep... for now...

--

7:42 AM

todoroki usually wasn't the first to arrive in the classroom but for some reason, he seemed more eager to escape his house today. maybe it was the thought of finally disowning his father's grasp on him, as he's finally starting a new chapter in his hero journey.

one where his father isn't in it, in any way possible.

it's still quite early as classes start at 8:25 and, usually, students arrive around twenty or thirty minutes before so he was surprised to see that he wasn't the first to arrive in the class.

sitting in the backmost seat in the corner near the window, a fairly petite yet seemingly well-built female.

he sits on the table to her right.

"how strange," he thought. "did she come early just for the sole purpose of being early? i don't think i've ever met anyone like that."

she's sleeping, arms crossed and earphones in. leaning back on her chair, her mouth ever so slightly open and her chest rising and falling in uniform. he could faintly hear the music she was playing, a sign that maybe she listens to her music just a little too loud. he couldn't recognize the tune. maybe a foreign song?