chapter twelve

to: [name]
let's meet

to: *dabs*
yess let's go to the cafe today i want sweets im so fUcking stressed

to: [name]
language

to: *dabs*
yeah yeah wtvr dad

to: [name]
see you in ten

[name] stood up from her bed. she hasn't changed from her uniform yet. too lazy, she told herself.

she was planning on going out for some food as well. dabi's text was on great timing. she needed someone to vent to as well.

she wonders what someone like him was doing, making friends with her. maybe he was after something?

no. he didn't even seem to know who she was before they met.

or maybe he was acting? paid by her family to secretly watch over her in japan?

probably not, his characteristics are too unique for someone hired by her parents.

sincere or not, [name] goes anyway. she needed a vent and he was willing, she's not one to complain.

[name] arrives in the café several minutes after. she didn't bother changing, she just put on a sweater and went.

no sight of dabi so she just went ahead and ordered. iced mocha and a tiramisu. it probably wasn't the best for her to order coffee at night but she didn't care.

she takes a seat in the back corner, watching the cats run around. there were only two other people, and they were playing with king. i guess king is the most popular cat.

suddenly, [name] is snapped out of her thoughts when a furry friend takes place on her lap. it sat itself like a loaf of bread, its eyes already closed.

[name] looks at the cat closer and it opens its eyes.

"touya!" she cheers. she lovingly pats his head and runs her hand on her back. it felt like his furry self was draining away all of her stress already.

she sits for a while before deciding to take her phone out for a picture and promptly sending it to dabi.

to: *dabs*
[name] sent a photo.

to: *dabs*
hehe my baby

to: [name]
i've never seen him do that to anybody else before

to: *dabs*
he doesn't like u as much anymore,,, im cooler (ㆁωㆁ  )

to: [name]
(--〆) that is my son

[name] laughs and sets her phone down on the table. she continues coddling touya and the small feline seemed to enjoy it.

"oh, touya," she sighs, cradling him. "i wish i could be a cat like you. you won't believe the amount of stress and emotional turmoil i have to go through each passing day here," she says, setting him back on her lap and scratching his head.

she closes her eyes. "sometimes.. it feels as if i'm just dreaming and i'm going to wake up from this nightmare back home soon."

...