chapter forty-seven

"[name]-chan, i'm sure it wasn't that bad," ashido coos to the sulking girl.

[name] sighs, plopping herself on to the common area sofa with a bottle of banana milk. "that's what i've been trying to tell myself." she shakes her head. "enough about that, how are you guys feeling about the licensure exam next week?"

"bwaah, they've been working us to the bone the whole week," she groans.

hagakure shrugs (at least her clothes made her appear to do). "well, that's why they call it accelerated training."

"we only have one more week," yaoyorozu says.

"how're your ultimate moves coming along momoyao?" the invisible girl asks.

"i have some ideas, but i need to work on enhancing my quirk a bit more," she replies.

[name] pipes up, "oh! if it's any help, i have some books on quirk management i could lend you."

momo just gives a polite smile and declines.

"how about you, tsuyu?"

"i'm working on perfecting my froglike techniques, they'll be sure to shock you toru."

"and you ochaco?"

everyone looks to the girl who was just blankly staring as she sipped on her drink.

"ochaco?" tsuyu taps her on the shoulder. she's shocked out of her daze, making her splash some of her drink.

"you tired, ochaco? maybe we should head upstairs," [name] says.

"no, no! i'm not tired," she responds, "at least i think so..? i don't know, i guess i've been distracted lately."

"it's love," ashido says bluntly.

the girls erupt into giggles as mina interrogates ochaco, whose face increasingly turns red as she denies it.

"i think it's midoriya." [name] says blankly with an ever so slight teasing smile on her face, chewing on her straw.

ashido playfully slaps the back of her head. "you're one to talk, [name]! we've all seen you and todoroki!"

it was [name]'s turn to do a spit take. "w-what? i have no idea what you're talking about!"

"oh please, kaminari told me he saw you two heading out for a date yesterday."

"hey--!" [name] says as she tries to think of an excuse. she crosses her arm before giving up as she couldn't think of anything. she playfully pouts as she says, "nobody was supposed to find out yet."

ashido squeals while ochaco sighs in relief as the spotlight was taken off of her. most of the girls were smiling and said they were happy for the two.

"it's not anything serious yet, and we've just been hanging out... and we went on one date," [name] recounts. "and don't tell anyone!! we're just... keeping it low-key for now."

[name] was smiling like an idiot. she'd never had any girlfriends before so it was really exhilarating for her to be hanging out with the other 1A girls like this.

yaoyorozu stands up before saying, "well, we have an early day tomorrow so i think it's time for us to say goodnight."

"aww, but [name] you still have to share the details!! who confessed to who, hm~?" ashido insists.

[name] giggles as she responds, "nah, i think momo's right. it's a monday tomorrow, we should head on up."

---

knock knock knock.

it was seven in the evening, and [name] had been frantically preparing for the night. the night after she hung out with the girls, the week went as fast as it could have, with training being made more difficult than it possibly could be.