chapter twenty-four

"yo, are you ready to go?"

her brother's face pops in again from outside her room, like it always did. [name] was finishing up with packing and closing her suitcase.

"yeah. did they get my stuff?" she asks, to which her kousuke responds with a quiet "yes."

the dream/nightmare she had still frazzled her. "kousuke, can i ask you something?"

her brother steps in her room and sits on her bed next to her as he says, "sounds serious. go ahead.."

"the past few weeks i've been having these weird... visions... in my dreams. the first one, it was a few weeks ago, i was taking a nap in between classes. and last night, i woke up in a cold sweat, after having dreamed about somebody we used to.. play with? when we were younger," she explains. "would you happen to know anything about them?"

"ah," kousuke is caught off-guard. he doesn't know how to respond to this question. there were certain things that were supposed to be... kept from her. things that shouldn't matter now. "i wouldn't.. worry about it too much. maybe you've been stressing yourself out a bit too much, hm? now come on, we have to go if you wanna catch that flight," he finishes, getting up to go to the door.

"maybe..," [name] says. "but, you see, it was always triggered by this one person: todoroki shouto. i've never met him before ua, right?"

kousuke stiffens, then turns around to face his sister. "what are you interacting with him for? isn't he a second-year?" he asks.

"no, we're in the same class... i did start school one year early, remember? you subbed for us several weeks ago, don't you remember?" [name] stands up now, furrowing her eyebrows at her brother with suspicion. what does he know about todoroki?

"right," kousuke sighs. it must've slipped my mind because i was too caught up with defending against the rest of the kids. he grasps her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes. "trust me on this. please stay away from him, and all the other todorokis you ever meet."

[name] scoffs, "you're being really weird right now." she pushes his arms off her. "and i don't think i can. i just told you, we're in the same class."

her brother let's out a gruff grunt as he rubs his face and runs his hands through his hair in frustration. he points at her with his hands pressed together, "please. just try to. trust me, please."

"fine, i'll try my best!" [name] responds in a weirded out tone. "just stop acting so weird and jumpy."

"and if you have another one of these dreams, tell me about it immediately."

"yeah, yeah, whatever."

---

[name] didn't like how kousuke responded to her question. he was the one person she trusted the most, and if he's hiding something, who else is she supposed to trust?

she realizes she still hasn't actually finished watching the sports festival. she has nine hours left to go with this flight, so might as well right?

she skips the rest of midoriya and todoroki's battle to the end, where todoroki is declared winner, as she predicted. she looks at his tired face.

good god, was he pretty.

that doesn't matter now, because kousuke "forbid" they interact. nyeh nyenyeh nyeh, [name] mocks him in her head. if he wanted me to stay away from todoroki, he shouldn't have said anything. it's not like we interact that much anyway.

great, now i want to talk to todoroki after i've been told i shouldn't.

am i a child, for fuck's sake?