Chapter 11

At the moment I'm watching as the gurney takes away my Grams. I couldn’t see her anymore; they had the bag zipped over her head since she no longer needed to breathe.

 The ambulance drove away silently, since there was no emergency. Once Death takes your soul, it’s not yours to have any more and I was foolish to think I could change that.

I sighed as Aria came and stood next to me. She knew I wasn’t gonna cry because hunters aren’t supposed to show emotion and I didn’t want to face what happened anyway, so I hold it all in.

“Come on, I think we need to visit the river.” She said as she headed back up to our room to change, knowing I would follow her.

Once we were both dressed and clean we headed back downstairs to get something to eat before we left.

We both got our pop tarts and sat at the table; hers was chocolate chip while mine was chocolate fudge. I opened mine in my weird way then started breaking off the crust and putting it on the napkin that was in between us.

See every time I eat a pop tart I break off the crust and Aria eats it because being the weirdo she is, she likes crust and I hate it, so I eat the main part of the pop tart. It’s just like with my pizza, she eats all the nasty sauce I wipe on my plate because I can't stand that or the crust on it either.

Half way through eating our breakfast Blaze walked in with Casper following behind him and sat down at the table with us.

“So I'm gonna leave and Damon should be here soon to take my place” Blaze told us.

“Well Aria and I won’t be here. We need some girl time which means no you either Casper” I said looking over at Casper.

He just nodded and went back to watching Aria. He knew that my loss would affect her too considering she closer than my best friend and what's my pain is also her pain. Knowing that, I knew he would be there for her when she needed the comfort of someone who’s not as gloomy as me at the moment.

“Well whatever ill follow you until he comes to take over so you don’t get away” he said all matter of factly.

I sighed “Whatever do what you want. You ready to go Aria?” I asked as I saw her finish her milk.

“Yep. Let’s go” She said and we got up and headed out the door.

We started walking in the direction of our river with Blaze on his phone, probably warning Damon what we were up to, following close behind us.

We do have a car, a jeep actually, that belongs to me but we prefer to walk everywhere since one, walking give you time to clear you mind and think and two, it’s a small enough town where we don’t need a car to get around. People do drive here but that’s because they’re lazy.

Soon enough after Blaze got off his phone his presence disappeared and another one reappeared right next to me.

“Hey there pumpkin, miss me?” Damon said, appearing at my side.

I ignored his nick name for me and kept walking forward saying “I'm not in the mood Damon.” I told him.

“Alrighty then. How about you Aria? You’re looking hot as ever.” Damon told her

“Damon, I look like shit. Stop flattering and leave us alone. This is our time so go. Be free” Aria told him back.

I chuckled. I love that girl.

            Damon was quiet for the rest of the walk until we got to the park where the river was at.

            I stood there smiling as I took in all the old memories of us going here while we were still in high school. Opening my eyes I looked around and saw that the park looked almost abandoned. We were the only ones here but at least the grass was still green and the play structures were clean.