Chapter 44

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long wait but here it is. There's a picture of Aria and Xander on the side. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

~Xanders POV~

I can't help but feel jealous. I told Lynn how Aria didn't matter to me when realistically she matters too much because I know if I try to tear her away from Casper then she'll break. Then you have Pheonix who's done so many goddamn terrible things yet gets a soul mate like Lynn on a fucking silver platter and she even goes through the trouble with getting everybody out of the house just so the first time they sleep together it will be romantic.

Great, now I'm being bitter because my brother has a better love life than me. No, instead I get a strong willed, annoying, smart ass soul mate who's smile's so beautiful and laugh so light I cant stop thinking about it. 

"This is pointless, I know I cant have her" I mumbled to myself while taking a turn around another building.

I ditched Neal, Nate, and Jade at the movies so I would be able to walk around and clear my head hopefully of the gorgeous doe eyed brunette who keeps invading it. Fuck, this is not working at all.

A whimper from a nearby alley had me picking up my speed, not because I'm trying to be a good person for once, but because something felt wrong. Really wrong.

As soon as I turned the corner and felt a wave of fear pierce into me, I rushed forward, throwing away the two guys who were ganging up on my cute little soul mate who is currently curled into a ball on the ground.

My eyes were stuck on her, not caring if those two fae were on their way back for revenge. I just saw her and there was nothing else, "Aria, Darling, are you alright?"

Her lip shook as she looked up at me, "Xander?" she questioned in a broken voice and I couldn't help but feel her pain.

When her eyes darted behind me I realized that I was too focused on her and the men were coming back. I let out a snarl at the thought that they planned on hurting Aria and turned to rip out their hearts, only I figured might as well get a bit of answers first.

I shot towards the first one, holding him off the ground by his neck while kicking the other man away when he tried to come after me to save his friend. 

"Who sent you after her?" I growled out, my eyes glaring red into his.

"Fuck. You" he choked out, making me smirk.

I tightened my hold before dropping him then walking over to his friend and ripping out his heart, keeping it my hand while walking back to the original punk and grabbing him by his throat again and showing him the heart.

"You don't talk mate, and this will be you" I told him nodding towards the heart then gesturing his friend, "If you like I can shove it down your throat until you choke and have that be the way you die, seeing as your friend doesn't need this anymore" I taunted, a light smile on my face. 

I heard a gasp from behind me, "Xander" Aria said lightly, reminding me that she was innocent and shouldn't be seeing this kind of stuff.

With a sigh I looked back at the man trying to free himself from my gasp, "Look mate, I'm trying to get in this little beauty's good books so if you could just help me out and give me the name of who sent you, it will save me the trouble of having to torture you and you the pain." 

He stayed silent but looked down, "No? Alright, hard way it is" I stated and compelled him to sleep. Soon enough he would be tied up in Pheonix's basement, but before that can happen I need to get Aria somewhere safe.