Chapter 4

After getting an ice cream and wandering around the park mindlessly for an hour I started heading back towards starbucks. I knew if I went there straight from home I would be early because Casper had to wake me up so darn early. 

I walked into starbucks feeling the rush of cold air blow by me from the inside. I headed to the back where the employee lockers were and opened mine up, getting my uniform out and heading to the bathroom to slip it on. The uniform consisted of a white polo non see-through top with the starbucks logo on it and a pair of short black shorts. 

Once changed I went and punched in, then walked out to get behind the serving counter so I could make people they’re orders. As soon as I got there a little kid and her mom came up to the counter.

“Hi? How can I help you?” I hate fake being nice. Like it would be different if I actually knew them and really wanted to be nice but it sucks because everyone can tell when you’re fake being nice.

“Hello. Yes I’d like one pumpkin spice latte and a cold apple juice please.”

“Is that for here or to go?”

“Here will be fine”

“Okay would you like me to bring it to your table?”

“Oh yes! That would be wonderful!”

“Okay she can ring you up over at the register” I told the women trying to politely get her to go away so I can make her order.

Once she walked away I turned around and started preparing the drinks.

When they were ready I headed over to the table where the mom and daughter were sitting reading a magazine. Who stays here just to read a magazine? Oh well. I put their drinks on the table and started to walk away when I ran into a wall, making me fall right on my butt.

“Ow. Crap” I said looking up finding not a wall but instead an extremely handsome man. 

“Oh god I'm so sorry! I didn’t see you there!”

I made my way to my feet but the whole time the guy just kept staring at me, with those piercing silver eyes, like there was something on my face. Oh crap! Knowing me there probably is!

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked curiously

He quickly looked away “oh..i..uh..sorry about running into you” typical man, changing subjects when the heats on him.

“oh no really it’s my fault. Really should’ve been watching where I was going” there's something different about this guy…I'm getting this really weird- oh my god he's a vampire! 

Shocked I took a step away from the black haired vampire and made my way back to the counter. 

Awe man I think I slept wrong on my neck last night, it really hurts. Ugh! Trying to get the pain in my neck to go away I tilted my head to the side and started rubbing my neck where it hurt. 

“Man that hot guys totally checking you out. He can’t take his eyes off you!” my friend Ellie who also works here whispered in my ear. 

I stopped rubbing my neck and looked to where her gaze was and saw it set on the vampire sitting down at one of our tables. The very same vampire I stumbled into moments before

“Eh that’s just because I walked into him on my way back to the counter. He's probably plotting his revenge” I whispered back to her smiling.

That’s when I realized the real reason he was probably staring at me. I was just tilting my neck over in clear view of him. THAT WAS SO STUPID OF ME! Now he probably wants to bite me! Well sorry vampire we don’t sell blood here!