Chapter 25

~Lynn's Dream/Flashback~

We were all riding in the car; My mom, dad, Zac, and I were all sitting there, happily and chatting, oblivious to what was about to happen. It was as if my older self was watching as a spectator, not being able to warn anyone or do anything.

NO! WATCH THE ROAD! I yelled to my dad, who of course couldn't hear me. He continued glancing at the road every few seconds then looking back to me and Zac who kept owning me at rock paper scissors.

Suddenly a figure appeared right in front of the car, the man putting his hand out as if to stop the car. The younger version of me screamed, thinking we were about to run him over. The car made an impact with his hand, making the car flip over the guy and everyone in the car scream.

Younger me held onto Zac, wanting to protect him from the impact when the car hit the cement and continued rolling until it came to a stop, landing on its side.

I was grabbed from the car, with a crying Zac still in my arms. NO! I yelled to the younger version of myself. LET HIM GO! HE'LL BE SAFE IF YOU LET HIM GO!

The guy carrying me finally noticed the seven year old boy, crying in his sisters arms. NO ZAC!

Suddenly my parents managed to get themselves out of the car, and immediately took notice of the scene.

"MOMMY!" past me yelled towards the figure that was my mom, as she just noticed the vampire that was lunging at my mom from behind.

My mom was quick though, turning around and fending him off the best she could before he threw her to the ground and came towards me and Zac. He grabbed Zac out from my arms and held him up by his neck, making me thrash around in the big guys arms.

"ZAC! Daddy!" I yelled towards my dad who was retrieving something from the car and as soon as he heard my scream he came running towards the man holding Zac by his throat.

Zac wouldn't last long and even I knew that at my young age. His body was still developing and his bones weren't matured enough yet to withstand being held by someone that big only by his little neck.

Before my dad could stake the man holding Zac, I was dropped to the ground and the guy who was holding me was now throwing my dad against the car saying "Don't fight and this will go easy."

I closed my eyes, knowing what was gonna happen next and not wanting to witness it again. I heard a snap and knew what happened.

Zac was now lying on the ground lifeless. The big guy had held him up for far too long and with his super grip and the way he kept moving him around made Zac's little neck snap so the only thing connecting his head to his body was the skin.

I started to cry and watched as younger me did the same. My mother was now back on her feet from the adrenaline at her last borns' death. She grabbed the stake from my fathers hand and shoved it through the man who killed Zac's chest. She knew the other guy would kill her but she did it anyway.

The guy dropped to the ground and burst into flames before the other guy grabbed my mom and snapped her neck. He then turned back to me, forgetting my dad was even there and came towards me, taking in a deep breath through his nose before saying "You smell delicious".

That's when younger me finally noticed the gaping wound on the side of her stomach and pressed it to try and slow the bleeding. I placed a hand over my own scar and watched the scene play out before me.

"Vampire!" My dad yelled, making the vampire turn around and stalk towards him.

"Don't. Touch. My. Daughter." He growled out before swinging a stake into the vampires chest, but not before the vampire had a hand in my dads.