Chapter 27

Why it always so bright in hospitals? That's how I know where I am because the stupid lights they shine extra bright and aim right for your eyes just to irritate the crap out of you.

I groaned and rolled over mumbling "I hate light" but didn't get very far when a pain shot through my right abdomen.

"Owww" I groaned again, opening my eyes and squinting before sitting up and looking around my room.

Casper was lying on the couch that was up against the wall, opposite from my bed, with Aria lying asleep on him.

He smiled at me and said "She tried to wait up for you but fell asleep about ten minutes ago. How are you?" he asked quietly.

Sighing, I lied back down in the bed and put an arm over my eyes to keep out the light before saying "I hurt. Like bad. What the hell did they do, go on a freaking chainsaw massacre?"

He chuckled but before he could answer a new voice met my ears, one that was gentle and filled with kindness "Maybe next time you'll think twice about constantly getting in fights with vampires" he said

I looked over to where the voice came from to see Pheonix standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"Here" he said while walking towards me and holding out a sucker with little blue raspberry shapes all over it.

"Oh no way! You found one!" I yelled excitedly and sat straight up to grab it but soon found that was a bad idea as I winced in pain.

"You know I could help speed up that process" Pheonix said, sitting next to me on my bed.

"Isn't your blood already in me? Besides, I don't wanna become a blood addict." I told him

"Yes it is, which makes me curious as to why it didn't heal you for this" he said, motioning towards my now bigger made scar.

"It probably happened faster than your blood could heal" Casper explained

I nodded and leaned my head against Pheonix's shoulder, letting his warmth fill my body and put it into a relaxing state.

"mmhmm" I agreed lightly, barely able to keep myself conscious, for some reason, now that I was laying on Pheonix.

I wrapped my hands around his arm and cuddled it too me like a teddy bear before getting comfy and pulling him closer. Why I allowed my body to do this I don't know. All I know is that I loved the feel of his muscles flexing under me.

It seemed only moments later when a voice I'd come so accustomed to met my ears.

"Well because she is my bitch. It's not an insult that's just what we call each other. Why, jealous?" She asked and I could just hear that smirk forming on her face.

"Not at all. Under no circumstances would I want her to be my bitch." Pheonix answered lightly, making me realize he was still there and next to me.

That's when I noticed the tingles coming from my lower back and I could feel his thumb rubbing soothing circles in my back with his thumb.

"So whats with your weird interest with her because I can honestly say that I've never seen her this comfortable around a guy, or actually anyone other than Casper and I, in all the years i've known her?" Aria asked, about as curious as I was.

He chuckled but said "I cant tell you that, not while Lynn's listening to us at least" Pheonix said, making me sigh.

Stupid vampires and their super hearing. I groaned and sat up, sitting with my legs criss cross and resting my elbows on my knees with my head in my hands. Looking over at Pheonix, i noticed just how close he actually was. In my tiny bed, Pheonix was leaning back against it, the bed was angled at a sitting positing, and it seemed I was curled into him.