Chapter 29

Everything smells like coffee. I used to like coffee every once in a while but when you work in a place that makes it, and smells like it, you tend not to really want coffee anymore. You kind of get sick of it.

Which brings me to where I am right now; standing behind the counter at Starbucks, making some rich guys coffee who wont stop flirting with me. Now normally I'd be flattered but he's just annoying. His pick up lines are no where near good and lets just say he doesn't seem to be the brightest.

After adding the whip cream and caramel I put the lid on, and turned around handing the brunette his coffee with a "Here you go, have a nice day" and turning to the next customer, leaving him to frown and walk away, not liking my lack of allure to his nonexistent charm.

"Hi, what can I get you?" I asked the sixteen year old looking girl.

She eyed me up before saying "Yeah, can I get a medium hazelnut frappuccino and an apple fritter?"

Doesn't she know drinking coffee at that age stops your boob growth? I mean when I found out I freaked out and stopped drinking coffee, I like my boobs and they can grow as much as they please.

I typed in her order to the computer register thing and told her the total and asking "Is that for here or to go?"

"Here" She said, handing me the exact amount then turning around and finding her seat, knowing we would bring it to her.

Hearing the door ding, I looked up on instinct, only to see Xander looking around before meeting my eyes with a smirk. 

I smiled and shook my head before turning to my coworker and saying "Here El, table two when the orders done" 

"Kay babe, btw another hotties checking you out. Dibs" she said winking at me before going to the coffee making machine, making me laugh.

I turned back to the counter, only to gasp, seeing Xander leaning on it gazing at me with a gleam in his eyes.

"Xander, what can I get you?" I asked

He smiled before saying "green tea latte, whats your favorite food here?" he asked back as I typed in the latte, regular size.

I glanced up at him with a smile before saying "Well I'm a fat person at heart so probably the cheesecake brownie."

"Okay then I'll take one of those too and a little chat with you" He finished

After telling him the price and taking his money I said "Alright your order will be right up but that chat of ours will have to wait, sorry. I don't have a break till way later" I said, seeing as I just started and its only eleven am.

Yeah, they made me start early since I got all that time off, meaning I was not a happy camper for having to wake up this early.

I handed the order to Ellie before turning back to Xander, only to see him gone and talking to my boss, who was in the middle of making a coffee.

Staring wide eyed at him I whisper yelled over to him saying "Xander! What you doing" only to have him wink at me and walk to a table and sit down.

Just then my boss walked over to me, making me nervous. Shit, Xander what did you do.

"Lynn, why don't you take a break and have a talk with that nice man over there, he seems charming and good for you" she said sweetly.

Okay, this lady never gave a rats ass about my life before, meaning one thing, Xander just compelled my boss.

Sighing, I rubbed my temples before going around to the end of the counter and walking to the table Xander was sitting at, smiling nonetheless, and sat down across from him with a stale face.