Chapter 18

You could literally feel the tension in the car as we drove to this mysterious hybrid's house.

I'm ignoring the fact that I just left my best friend back at the house to let her deal with this whole Casper and Mark love triangle thing on her own. I'm supposed to be her best friend and here I am going to get some blood from a hybrid which is all probably a complete waste of time because who just gives their blood away?

I sighed as the engine turned off and ignored the burning sensation that went through my arm as I opened the door to look at the big, elegant looking mansion that was in front of me.

I walked up the sidewalk and noticed the two people standing on either side of the door.

"Okay whats going on with you two?" I heard Damon ask and turned around to face him.

"I don't know what your talking about other than the fact that this fucking pedophile couldn't keep it in his pants for one freaking night!" I yelled while glaring at Mark and turned back around to see one of those guards standing right in front of me.

He was in his late twenties with brown short hair and brown eyes wearing normal clothes; dark jeans and a black top.

"Who are you and what are you here for?" the guy asked

"I'm here to talk to.." shit. whats the guys name?

"Hey whats this dudes name?" i yelled over my shoulder to Damon.

"Pheonix. Pheonix Blackwood" he said back

I turned back to face who i finally came to realize is a hybrid and said "Yeah. Pheonix. We're here to talk to Pheonix."

I like that name.. Pheonix... It seems so.. unusual and ... sexy.

"Well that sucks. He's not taking any visitors considering its eleven at night." he said back

"You didn't even ask him" I argued

"I don't have to. He wouldn't want to talk to a snobby bitch like you."

That's when my anger came out "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Now leave or I'll be forced to hurt you" he said while grabbing me by the throat.

I grabbed the stake I strapped to my inner thigh, it was not comfortable while dancing, and stabbed the hybrid, making him let go.

"I'd watch who you call a snobby bitch next time, hybrid" I said while pulling out the stake and watching him turn all grey and veiny as he dropped to the ground.

"You're wearing a dress and you still managed to hide a stake" Damon said while chuckling

I started walking towards the front door in time to see the other guard who's a girl lung at me. She twisted me so I was facing Damon and she was ready to bite me while I was ready to stab her when a warm muscled arm grabbed me with one arm around my neck in a choke hold and the other arm around my waist, holding me against his muscled body.

I put my hands on his arm and pushed back against him, trying to tear his arm away from my neck.

"You know love, it's quite rude to come to someone else's house and start killing their hybrids. " a deep British voice found my ears, making my insides melt.

"Pheonix. It's good to see you again..." Damons rushed voice said as he appeared in front of me with Mark by his side.

Pheonix? He's the one that has me in this death grip.

"Sorry mate, do I know you?" Pheonix asked as I tried pulling on his arm again.

He has his grip to the point where I can just barely breathe but wouldn't have a chance of escaping.