Chapter 2

I flopped down on my bed and sighed while kicking off my shoes, really wanting to get out of my hunting outfit.

"Lynn you really shouldn't do that to grams. Especially when you stay out this late." Aria spoke to me while I started stripping out of my clothes.

"Relax Ari, now that its summer the days are longer so its lighter longer. Which means I have to stay out even longer than usual because it takes so long to finally get dark" I said back to her.

When I got to the point where I was about to take off my shirt I walked over into the closet and stripped down the rest of the way.

"Good to know that you're aware of my presence, Lynn" Casper's voice found me.

I smiled to myself, "Oh Casper, I always know when you're near. It's a part of my charm" I said back to him.

The real reason I knew he was here is because Casper's a vampire. I always could sense when a supernatural's around. That's one of the reasons I became a hunter. Casper is one of the very few supernatural beings that I'm actually okay with. He's actually an amazing guy. If you look past the fact he's a vampire, you see how kind, charming, and chivalrous he really is. Right there is one of the reasons he's allowed in my house; that and he's Aria's boyfriend. When we first met him she was quick enough to call dibs for once and he was totally into her.

"Lynn? You alive in there?" Aria's voice questioned.

I zoned back in "hmm? Oh umm yeah I'm fine." I answered slipping on a grey sports bra some boxer shorts and a blue tank top then walking out back into our room.

I looked over and saw Casper lying on Aria's bed with her. I ignored his presence, knowing he was watching me, and sat on my bed then pulled out my laptop. I turned it on and went on Netflix; preparing myself for some Bones.

"So Casper... You staying the night?" I asked glancing over at the two of them, knowing they weren't doing anything.

I already knew his answer before he said it, "of course. Don't want you guys getting attacked while you're sleeping" he replied with a charming smile.

I smiled at him, "by the time I go to sleep, Aria will be waking up. But then again, makes life easier for me so okay!"

Casper smiled, knowing I would never tell him he couldn't stay here considering he's a part of our disfunctional family that's not really a family, "why thank you, Lynn. Makes me feel so loved" he said.

"Well I'm going to sleep now, night Lynn. Goodnight Casper" Aria said laying her head on Casper and hugging herself to him.

"Night Aria" I replied while scrolling through the episodes on my laptop until I found the right one.

"Goodnight love" Casper whispered to her wrapping his arms around her and giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

I have to say, they are so absolutely perfect together. Aria with her dark brown hair and same colored eyes, then Casper with his nicely styled brown hair and pure green eyes. The way they make each other act, it makes you think there really are such things as soul mates.

Once Aria fell asleep I plugged in my headphones so I wouldn't wake her up with the sounds of Netflix. Not long after my stomach growled, bringing my mind to realization that I haven't eaten any dinner yet.

I paused my Netflix and took out my headphones before heading towards the floor-door and jumping down through it once there. I landed softly on the ground beneath me and headed towards the kitchen. It was all dark through the house except for the occasional night light plugged into a wall so you can tell where you're going. I looked down the hall to find grams light also turned off which means she's asleep too.

When I got to the kitchen I turned on the light and started looking in the fridge for anything that looked somewhat appealing. After nothing jumped out, I moved onto the cabinets debating silently in my mind on whether or not to settle on pop tarts.

"Lynn..."

I jumped and turned around to find Casper looking at me worriedly.

"Don't worry Cas, I just let my guard down 'cause you're here which now that I think about it wasn't that good of an idea" I explained, ignoring his concerned stare and moving back to the fridge for a second look.

"You know that's not what I was talking about" He said from the other side of the fridge door.

I sighed and pulled out some left over cheese pizza, setting it on the counter before turning to face Casper.

"Well technically we weren't talking about anything but before you start nagging me, I need to say the only reason I forgot to eat was because... well um yeah" not sure how to finish my sentence so I turned back towards my pizza on the counter and pulled out a piece. Deciding it would take too much effort to heat it up, I took a bite.

"Exactly Lynn. You're too busy hunting to come home and eat dinner on time so you won't have to remember. Lynn, I don't like you putting yourself in harm's way each night just so you can please others" Casper ranted.

I glared at him "you know that's not the only reason"

He sighed "I know and I'm sorry Lynn, I just don't like the way you put your job to destroy supernatural's, over yourself." He said, calmer now than he was before.

I finished my piece of pizza and put the rest back in the fridge then walked up to Casper and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his waist because he's taller than me.

"Casper I'm fine, really. Tomorrow before I go out, i'll remember to eat, okay?" I told him, backing away and looking into his eyes.

He sighed and ran his hand over his face before responding, "Alright Lynn"

"Well im tired and you should be too so im going back upstairs" Casper stated before quietly walking off.

Yes vampires do sleep. All of the vampire books and stories that say they don't aren't actually true. And no, they dont sparkle in the sun either and no witch is needed to make them able to walk in the sun. Normal vampires can go in the sun but they can only stay out for 2 hours tops. Also if they do go out they get a really bad sunburn and it just really irritates their eyes. Now royal vampires are different because they have special blood but that doesnt matter. It's very rare to meet a royal vampire, not that it's impossible; just rare.

Anyways Casper has always acted like the big brother figure in my life. Ever since I've met him he's always been protective over Aria and I because thats just the way he is, and I love him for it.

I headed back up to mine and Aria's room with Casper and went back over to my bed and turned off my laptop, deciding ill read for the rest of the night. I ended up falling asleep around 2 am, on my bean bag reading, not really caring how uncomfortable of a position I was in.

Sometime later I felt arms wrap around me and lift me up. I stiffened but then relaxed as Casper's natural scent of citrus and aftershave. I slowly let myself fall back asleep knowing Casper would never hurt me. Right before I fell completely back asleep I felt myself being placed on my bed and the covers being pulled up around me. I smiled to myself and let darkness take me over falling into one of my normal dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry these are so short hopefully the next chapter will be longer. Let me know what you think. Please vote and comment.