Chapter 38

I ignored the rest of their conversation, keeping my face neutral careful not show any emotion to give away the fact that I'm not Pheonix's blood bag and I'd like to think he actually cares about me.

Soon enough the door slammed shut and Xander spoke "Well they all of the sudden got balls"

Pheonix ignored him and looked at me with a guilty gaze but I just shook my head deciding I didn't wanna know and headed upstairs. I really need some time to myself but i know I'm not gonna get it while I'm still in this house. 

After I slipped on some skinny jeans and a short sleeve blue t shirt Pheonix walked in. I ignored him and carried on with getting my phone and Ipod until he stopped me by saying "Lynn, sweetheart I'm sorry. They're just-"

"Stop Pheonix." I said, turning around to face him and continued with "I don't wanna know who they were or why they were here because right now I have my own shit to deal with and don't need yours as well."

When I started walking towards the door he grabbed my arm in a light grip, stopping me and saying "Where are you going?" noticing I didn't have my bag full of goodies with me.

"Out. Somewhere I can think. Do not follow me, and Pheonix I swear to god if you send someone to follow me I will kill them and refuse to ever speak to you again. Bond or not I need time" I said walking past him and leaving.

I kept walking until I got back to my house then walked in past Aria and Casper, took the keys to my jeep and left. Plugging my ipod into the jeep I turned on a song that fit my mood and put the volume up all the way, driving to the only place that I would be alone yet safe. 

I pulled up to the lakefront cabin and stepped out of my jeep, taking in the view smiling. This was the last place we all visited as a family, my mom even let me bring Aria because she felt like Aria was her own daughter with how close we all were.

As soon as I walked through the door the smell of wood and flowers invaded my nose and the second I closed my eyes to take it all in, my mind overflowed with the memories.

Zac learning how to swim right off the edge of the dock, Carson and Me pedaling out to the middle of the lake and suddenly getting surrounded by speedboats pulling skiers and knee boarders. We had to stay perfectly still because we were afraid the pedal boat would take on water from the waves. Eventually we learned it wouldn't tip and pedaled as fast as we could back to the cabin.

This is where me and Aria realized we would be best friends forever because as soon as some guy at the market grabbed her arm we both started kicking his ass. Carson of course laughed and joined in instead of breaking it up, ending in the police getting called. 

My parents instead of being mad, praised us for sticking up for Aria and fighting off that perv and demanded that charges were pressed. We were all one here, not one bad memory. Even the ones where Carson broke his ankle from stepping in a Gopher hole, I thought he was dying and our parents weren't home so there was no car and the nearest hospital was by boat so we managed to make it  to the boat and he had to teach me how to start up the boat and drive it. 

I learned I was a terrible boat driver because by the time my parents got home the boat was totaled from me hitting a stump and Carson was fine because once we realized we weren't making it to the hospital he used the first aid kit that was on the boat and wrapped his ankle with my help.

My parents weren't very happy but once we told them what happened they laughed and decided that we would last out on the boat for a couple more hours as our punishment while they enjoyed drinking wine and watching us try to pretend we were famous people being chased by paparazzi.