Chapter 39- "Are you okay?"

They spoke for what felt like an eternity. Riley left out all the parts with Maya that weren't PG-13 but told him everything about how her Father was being crazy.
"That sucks Riley" Farkle spoke softly wrapping his arm around his bestfriend to comfort her.
"I know" she rested her head on his shoulder pouting lightly. It felt so good to let it all out especially to Farkle. She hated keeping things from Farkle.

"It just doesn't sound like your Father he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do this" Farkle shook his head.
Riley drew back from Farkle and looked him in the eyes.
"Well I guess he draws the line at me being friends with a girl like Maya" she shruggged, huffing at this.

"Well can you blame him?" Farkle gave her a small disapproving look. That was not what she needed to hear right now.

"Farkle" Riley tilted her head.
"Riley" he imitated her then smiled.
This did cause Riley to laugh a little and she bumped his shoulder with hers playfully.
"She's not all bad" she said getting serious again.
"Riley you do only really see the good in people dont you? like how much do you really know about her?" He didnt mean to get involved but with everything that had happened in the last couple months and watching Maya for the last 4 years... you couldn't blame him for being a little worried about the well- being of his favourite person.

"It doesn't matter Farkle I know who she is... right now in this moment I know she's good deep down" she tried to convince him.
"God you always gotta be so positive?" he gave up. There was no changing Riley's mind now.
"Well what's the point in being negative" she smiled her little sunshine smile and sat back.
"Riley I'm gonna trust you on this and I realise you don't need another person getting in the way of this friendship so." Is all he said. Sure Farkle was a little ...Farkley but he knew when to be serious... kind of.

Riley almost winced at the word friendship. This wasn't a friendship, this was so much more than that and both her and Maya knew that.
It started to occur to Riley how hard it was going to be hiding something that she wanted to tell the world.

"Thank you" she said after a little too long of a pause.
"I mean she sent me here so atleast I know she cares about you" he shrugged
"You see!" Riley almost yelled, finally happy someone was understanding even a little bit.
Farkle jumped a little then smiled.

"Just ..." Farkle let out an exasperated sigh again and continued "Be careful" he said.

"When am I not?" She narrowed her eyes at him.
"Umm always!" Farkle joked.
"Hey!" Riley retorted back.
"Come on you are way to trusting" he poked at her causing her to giggle from being so ticklish.
As she was slapping his hand away and they were both laughing they heard someone clear their throat.
...
Maya.
When they looked up Maya was stood there with a not so happy expression covering her face.
"You two wanna get a room" she spoke pointing between the two of them.
"Jealous much?" Farkle smirked.
"Not on your life" she scoffed at the boy.
Riley poked the boy and gave him the kind of look that says 'hey you said you would try'

He put his hand up in surrender.
"Can I speak to Riley?" She asked rhetorically. "Alone" she looked towards Farkle still rather annoyed.

He hugged Riley before he got up and he swore he heard a low growl escape Maya's lips. But he wasn't going to get into that right now, not after the conversation he just had with Riley.

"Bye" he started to walk past Maya, who just continued to look at Riley even when the boy stopped next to her.
"Thanks for telling me where to find her" he half smiled. This caused Maya to look towards him.
She stopped to think for a second. As much as she hated how close he was with Riley she could atleast make an effort for her.
"No problem" was all she said and then Farkle continued on.

As his footsteps got further away she walked towards Riley and sat in the spot which used to be occupied by one Farkle Minkus.

Maya immediately grabbed Riley's hand.
"Are you okay?" She asked bringing the girls hand up to kiss it with her other hand before resting chin on both their hands. She pouted up at the girl.
"Yes peaches I'm fine" Maya rolled her eyes at the nickname.
"No you're not" she stated.
"No I am honestly" she rested her other hand on both of Maya's "Farkle really helped me it was nice I feel like we're back to being us again." She smiled.

Maya didnt mean to but she let slip a grunt of disapproval.
"Maya?" She had let go of Rileys hands now and shook her head sitting back on the bench "what?" Riley tried again when she didn't answer her.

"Nothing" Maya decided against having a fight like this with the girl she lo- had very strong feelings for.

"Noooo tell meeee" Riley whined almost like a little kid.

"Its nothing Riley I'm glad he was there for you" This wasnt a lie, she did send the boy after all.

"Well yeah only because you sent him to me" she argued " which was really nice by the way" She smiled again trying to comfort the girl.

"Urgh" Maya just groaned in response dramatically.

"What now" Riley sighed

"Nice" Maya choked the word out as if she was a vampire trying to say the Lords name in vain.

Riley laughed "yes nice" she said emphasising the word while wrapping her arms around Maya.
The rebel just shook her head and put her arm around the girl before squeezing her slightly.
They sat like that for a few seconds before Riley spoke

"By the way ..." she smiled widely. "Was that a growl I heard from you earlier when Farkle hugged me" She twisted her head up to look at the girl.
Maya looked down at her

"No" she denied profusely.

"Yes you diiiiid" she teased "somebody's jealous" Riley said in a sing songy voice
"Shut up" Maya said pushing her away lightly.

But Riley just cuddled further into Maya's chest and smiled. It was kind of flattering to think Maya was jealous of someone touching her.

Maya kissed the top of her head and settled into the girls embrace. She could stay like this forever.

Hey guys I'm back from the dead. I honestly don't know what I'm doing I only ever write when I get burst of inspiration and so far it just goes kn and on.
I will have to wrap up this story up soon otherwise it will go on for 100 chapters and I'm sure noone wants that, might get boring.
For y'all still reading I hope you enjoyed. Peace.