Chapter 23- The supply closet

A day... 2 days... a week. A week and Maya had barely seen Riley let alone be able to speak to her.

It sucked seeing someone everyday for an entire week and then not seeing them at all for the same period of time. Infact it was a subtly awful feeling that just pissed Maya off.

But what pissed Maya off even more was that Riley didn't seem to be making an effort to even sneak a look at her ... surely things at home weren't that bad. Judging by what she'd seen Rileys parents aren't mean infact they're lovely, they're just a little too protective which Maya can somewhat understand due to her involvements in the schools 'bad events' .

She had a plan though... a very risky and ridiculous plan but she was beginning to get desperate.

Three days ago- Riley

'Farkle, hey let go of me you crazy I've gotta go to class' Riley laughed at the dramatic vibes radiating off her bestfriend. She found it cooky and adorable.

'Riley listen to me' Farkle held Rileys arms by her side then stared into her eyes to put across the fact he was being serious.

Rileys face dropped and she slumped a little
'Aww what's wrong farkley' she ruffles his hair and he jut pulled away fixing his hair whilst shooting her a playful annoyed face.

'No no I'm serious you gotta listen for a sec okay'

'Umm okay yeah yeah go for it what's up with you?' Riley switched to full on concerned bestfriend mode

'Not me...' Farkle answered 'you'
When Riley furrowed her brow in confusion he decided to clarify
'Or more specifically you and maya' Farkle said and they stopped at the bench to sit down and talk about it

Maya
'Alright' Maya psyched herself up for her mission 'get the girl' she repeated over and over.

When Riley rounded the corner she had just finished telling Sarah a story and was ready to say goodbye. Sarah of course had spoken prior to this situation to Maya who had convinced her to lure Riley towards the back hallways supply closet.

'Take the long way so you can walk me please...I just hate to walk alone' Sarah would say.
And Riley being the pure good-hearted soul she is would fall for it and it wouldn't seem suspicious because it was her own free will and no notes could be confiscated by mr Matthews's.... because that had happened multiple times this week aswell.

       Maya shook that thought from her head ...every method of communication on Riley failed due to her parents interference. This challenge got harder and harder every day and with Riley acting like Maya's existence was a lie she was just faced with more obstacles. But hey, challenge wasn't over yet.

As the tall brunette passed the closet Sarah stopped her in front of door
'Well thanks for walking me to class Riley'

'Umm what classroom are you in Sarah' Riley looked around noticing that there wasn't a classroom down here.

'The one right there' she smiles innocently, slightly enjoying the confused look on Rileys face.
She pointed to the closet then reached behind Riley to open it.

'Umm I don't think that's a cla-' but Sarah had pushed Riley inside and locked the door.

'Hey!' She heard Riley shout but the girl just looked around for witnesses then bolted off to her actual class.

'Sarah!' Riley yelled pulling at the handle.

'You know you should probably pipe down before your father catches us together.'

Rileys eyes practically lit up at the sound of the girl's voice she turned and immediately went to embrace her but after one step she halted.
No. she was mad at her, farkle he said ..he

Three days ago- Riley

'Or more specifically you and Maya'
'Farkle what are you talking about? What do you know?' Riley became anxious to know. His face seemed pained and his eyes looked lost

'What is it' Riley grabbed his shoulders this time as if to wake him up from his daydream. It couldn't be that bad could it?

'What's going on with you too?' He decided to ask before releasing any hasty information.

'She's my friend Farkle. I see good in her and- and you should too... you're a genius can't you tell she's good.' Riley had already begun her argument.

'Thas the thing I don't think she is' before Riley could protest he continued 'yes I'm a genius Riley meaning I'm smart and well I was smart enough to eavesdrop on a conversation between her and Sarah to find out that-' Farkle stopped his words unable to be the one to tell Riley what she didn't want to hear.

'Find out what farkle' Riley hit his shoulder due to the anticipation build up he had caused with his silence.

He needed to do this. He needed to tell her. It was wrong not to and he had already put it off for 2 days.

'I found out that she's using you' Farkle shrugged apologetically. Riley just gave an unbelievable expression

'What are you talking about?' She shook her head not believing anything just yet.

'She's using you to get a rise out of your dad ... she knows being your friend will annoy him and she's just playing around, she's just being a trouble maker, she's just being ... maya'

'No!' Riley didn't believe it. She couldn't. Farkle didn't even know the half of it. 

'Riley is true'
'No it's not!'

'Why would I lie to you? What reason do I have'

'But she can't she wouldn't thats just... mean'

'Riley ... she's a mean person what did you expect'

'But why? Why would she string me along, no she wouldn't' Riley decided.

'Riley I've been your bestfriend since the first grade and I want to protect you from this ... so yes it's the truth and you need to cut her sadistic plan off' Farkle suggested slash told Riley.

'God I can't believe she would do this' Riley put her hands in her head... what farkle said had made a bit of sense ... why would he lie.

'I can' Farkle mumbled unintentionally letting his thoughts slip out into the open.

'Farkle.'
'I'm sorry riles' he hugged her tight 'hey listen gotta go to class just try not to think to much about the whole Maya thing' he said.

'She used me farkle' her eyes begun to tear up as she gave in to believing him and she turned away from him once pulling away from the hug ''you don't have to worry about me with her anymore... and neither does my father' she mumbled before walking away still hiding her tears.

'Riley?' Maya asked snapping Riley out of her daydream state.