Chapter 28- Father's in the way

Okay so... I know I'm horrible at updating and I was going to update last Sunday however I ran into a huge Family issue and it's taken me a while to find time to write and get over it ... accept this chapter and another on sunday as an apoligy ... 😜

'Riley! Riley!' Maya pushed passed students in the hall dragging Sarah along with her.

'Ril-' she started.
'Miss Hart' Corey stepped infront of his student. Sarah took this opportunity to run towards Riley.
She halted and death glared her teacher.
'What' she spoke rudely uninterested in whatever it was he had to say.

'Running in the hall ... thats a detention" he pointed at her as if he was being authoritive.

'Are you serious we have like 15 minutes till the end of the day' she moaned gesturing to the clock.

When she looked passed Corey she saw Riley watching it happen from behind the corner with a sad expression covering her face. Then she watched Sarah whisper something to Riley and run off. Wtf

It had been another week of failing to explain to Riley the whole not wanting to be with her thing. She started to wonder why she was even trying.
She had finally owned up to Sarah that she actually wanted to be her friend. Which technically wasn't a lie she just didnt add the girl infront of the word friend. Because she couldnt lie ... she had thought about it, not that she'd tell anyone.

'It doesn't matter Ms Hart it is still technically school hours so' he finished writing out the slip and handed it to her 'detention.'

Maya was fuming. Inside she was screaming at the selfish father of the girl she wanted. But instead of creating a scene she looked at Riley ... why was she still there? Why doesnt she just go. Maybe Sarah had helped her out.

Maya grabbed the detention slip from her teacher, not making any moves to mask her discomfort, then averted her eyes to his.

'I know what youre doing' she spat narrowing her eyes.

'Im giving you detention Ms Hart' he looked away from her pretending to be uninterested.

'Oh cool it with the Ms Hart bullshit' the blonde rolled her eyes fully aware she had used "vulgar" language towards a teacher. Maya had a plan and now was the time to try it.

'Maya language!' Mr Matthews yelled. It was not above maya to swear or spit rude remarks at teachers but still he was a teacher he had to use discipline.

'See now that...' she smirked up at the man 'is my name' she finished before walking to a locker and writing on the back of the slip

'Youre an infuriating student now...get to detention' Mr Matthews stood there, his patience running thin, pointing towards his classroom.

'Sure' she looked over at Riley and noticed her covering a laugh and she smiled. She had a chance. Farkle was still in his AP class and Riley was still there.

Maya swooped past him towards Riley.
Riley looked down hesitating on whether or not she should leave but before Maya could say anything to stop her Mr Matthews turned around

' ooohhh... no no no no no' He moved infront of Maya stopping her movements then looked back at his daughter.

'I'll see you at home Riley'
When she didn't move he looked at her with his stern Father look.

'Riley.' He challenged her.

'Riley' Maya spoke 'you have to listen to me just one chance.' she almost sounded like she was begging.

Riley hated this feeling. She hated her dad. She hated that she hated her dad. She hated Maya. She hated that she hated Maya. She hated dealing with all of this drama. But most of all ... she hated that she still loved them both.

'That way Ms Hart, by the sound of it even without me here you wont be able to speak to my daughter' he didn't even try to hide his pride.

'You know what' Maya mumbled her fists clenching and unclenching figuring out her plan.

'Im hoping that mumble was an apoligy Ms Hart'

'Actually...' she smirked edging towards the wall 'if Maya doesn't work for you ...' she reached the edge feeling all thier eyes on her 'try peaches' she smiled and Mr Matthews just looked at her confused.
'Your daughter loves to call me peaches' she dragged out the word 'love' just to taunt the man.

He began to shake with Anger but stayed completely still all at once.

'What does that even mean?' He spoke frustrated looking towards Riley.

'Wouldn't you like to know' she continued to smiled, winked at Riley then ... she pulled the fire alarm.

The alarm pounded through the school as Mr Matthews was startled by the loud noise and Riley just stared wide-eyed as students rushed out of their classes filling the halls.

Water sprayed from the ceiling and and Corey looked up squinting.
Maya took this opportunity to disappear into the crowd and go after Riley who hadn't even moved from behind the lockers.

Students pushed past her but she just watched Maya run towards her.
'No' she whispered but then Maya reached her and she couldn't find it in her to move away this time,not after all of that.

Both thier hair and clothes were soaked as students rushed by them. They looked at eachother as Maya wrapped her arms around her waist on instinct.

But Riley used all her strength to push her away.
'Riley please...come on sunshine!' she begged for the second time in her life.

'You hurt me Maya!' she yelled over the alarm looking away from the girl.
'If I hurt you so bad then why did you stay! Why did you watch me try to get to you? Why didn't you run?!' She shouted placing her hands on Riley's back and pushing thier hips together.

But Riley didn't say anything she just cried and leaned into Mayas touch,hugging her so tightly that Maya was actually in pain... but she didnt mind.

'Maya!' Her Fathers voice yelled.
Riley looked extremely frightened but Maya didnt even flinch.
Riley flinched though as she felt Maya grab her ass then run in the other direction yelling
'See you soon babe' looking back just to wink.

'Riley' her Father reached her. 'What was that?'
'Ummm...'Riley hovered over where Maya had gripped her ass and placed her hands in the back of her jean pockets looking down.

'Look at me Riley' his voice softened. At this point Riley felt something in her pocket then looked at her dad.

'I told her to leave dad she's gone okay now cool it' she spoke watching her Father squint at those words. 'Its a fire alarm ... lets go!' She yelled at her dad grabbing his wrist and running towards the exit

....

20mins later.

'Okay okay settle down' the principle stood up with a megaphone 'its just a false alarm. Everyone go back to class get thier things and go home its the end of the day' he announced.

Maya took her phone out of her pocket and check the time 3:35 ...well she's not going home.
She just hopes Riley read her note.

'Shouldn't you be in detention' she heard HIS voice again.