Chapter 13- Threats&Compromise

Hey guys! Haven't really proof read this chapter but both my phone and laptop have been messing up and I don't wanna loose it so... Chapter early than I thought haha 😜

BANG! Riley walked out to find Maya...  with another students collar under her tight grip against the locker.

'Maya what's going on??' Riley walked fast towards the situation.

'This punk is going to rat me out to Mr Matthews, I'm just making sure he...' Maya slammed him against the lockers again 'changes his mind!' Maya spat the last three words in an almost venomous tone as the boy held his hands up in surrender.

'Maya leave him alone' Maya turned to the voice and looked at Riley unbelievably. Why was she even getting involved...

'oh right the whole make me a better person thing' Maya thought to herself remembering how much of a goody two shoes Riley is.

Then she responded.

'No way Riley! Now...' She turned to the boy cowering under her stare. 'Are you gonna tell Mr Mathews about my little trick AND the other thing' he shook his head violently as the girl raised her eyebrows.

'Are you sure?!' She warned again.
Before he could answer
'Maya!!' Riley shouted hurriedly trying to save the boy some pain.

'it's not even that bad' she tried to reason 'the worst you'd get is detention right?'

'You have no idea what he knows Riley!' Maya shouted causing the other girl to flinch back. Maya had her reasons she was on her last strike before getting suspended AND this kid had dirt on her, she needed to protect herself.

Students had gathered at this point, all those not in class due to Maya's little prank had their eyes glued to the situation.
      Maya's hand still gripped the boys collar as she stared Riley down.

Riley had witnessed how her peaches can turn dark. She'd seen the victims of whom had done her wrong.
          As bad as it sounds she would almost traumatise them or hurt them and then weave her way out of getting into trouble everytime. It's why she was the schools badass, it's why no one messed with her. This boy just seemed to know too much...pity.

    She wanted to make Maya stop but her pleading eyes were not doing the trick.

Everyone watched awaiting the boys fate. 'Seriously the drama in this high school is almost too much' Riley had the split second thought before holding the state once again.

'Riley...he can't say what he knows understand' Maya narrowed her eyes at Riley but she wouldn't back down.

The blonde raised her fist in the air pulling back her arm and uttered the words 'you say nothing' before moving her fist in the directions of his face...

'What is she doing'
'Is she crazy'
'We should leave'
'No way I wanna see this'

The stifled murmurs from students spread through the class.

Riley had her grip on Maya's elbow trying to pull it back. The touch had caught Maya's attention rather than the restraint, which was little to none.

'Let go you're making a scene' Maya sighed exasperated whilst rolling her eyes.

'Not until you let him go' she replied her will strong despite knowing it was useless.

'Why are you protecting him?' The blonde suddenly became intrigued as to what all the point of this was and what she would say infront of her classmates.

'I like people being happy I don't think he'll be happy with a broken nose or black eye' Riley stated a matter of factly gesturing to the boys face

'No but he'll be a quiet person with a broken nose or a black eye' her response was almost instantaneous.
    Maya's grip tighten once again and the boy yelled.
'I'm sorry okay! I won't tell anyone' he looked to the side before ultimately making a decision.

'HELP! Mr matth...' The rebel let go off the boy only to cover his mouth with her hand.

'Everyone quiet!' Maya sneered and everyone obliged.

An idea spring into Riley's mind. Maya is a teenager, a teenager who she think she knows the only way to control...

'Fine.' Riley spoke then walked behind Maya 'no more kisses for you' Riley whispered into the girl's ear so noone could hear, then moved to wander away from the girl.
        It was unbeknown to everyone what she had said but what happened next sure as hell shocked everyone.

Maya groaned. This girl had gotten under her skin. She had a decision hit this kid and lose her girl or leave him for another day and collect her reward later.

Maya smirked a little then removed her hand from his mouth
'Get out of here!' The boy ran so fast that he was out of sight in second.
'What did she say'
'How?'
'She let him go!'

The blonde turned around all eyes on her. With no vulnerability showing she said 'leave'. At first noone moved, all still in shock at the exchange between her Riley and the boy. But when she yelled

'NOW!' They all scattered like prey from predator and then the halls were empty.
Just her and Riley.
Riley smiled at her accomplishment and also breathed a sigh of relief due to the chance the ending of this situation turning out a little uglier.

Maya was annoyed? Yes. Maya was angry? Yes. Was it worth it? Probably.
'Now was that so hard?' Riley smiled.

'God Matthews you do realise I'll just have to get him another day right' she moved towards Riley with a 'too bad' expression on her face and shrugged.

'No... Or no more kisses.' Riley tapped Maya's nose causing her to active her face.

'Oh you can not deprive me of that' Maya's eyes widened at the thought entering her brain again.

'Oh yes I can peaches' Riley smirked a little.

'I told you Riley I'm bad. This is how I deal with problems' Maya tried to convince the girl to take her as she is instead of change her for the better

'Well let's try a more conventional way' Riley smiled at her idea.

Maya now stood infront of Riley and looked around before grabbing her hand
'Like...??' She dragged out the word and interlocking their fingers.

'That's not what I meant' Riley smiled once again this time with a subtle hint of innocence.

'You want this' Maya winked beginning to get cocky until...
'What's going on here?!'
The girls flew apart like 2 north magnets repelling each other.

'Hi dad...' Riley muttered looking down, fear coursing through her at what her father may have just seen.