chapter 40- Fantasy vs Reality

"Come on we need to go back" Riley mumbled after a while of the two girls enjoying eachothers company in silence, still cuddling on the bench.

"No we dont" Maya moaned. She wasn't willing to give up this time she had with Riley, especially because the second they walk back into school Maya would need to dodge an array of obstacles, including Rileys Father, in order to see her again.

"Yes we do come on" Riley stood up, grabbing Mayas hands and practically pulling dead weight up as Maya slumped in her seat.
"Maya!" She giggled.
"Nooooo" Maya moaned cutely at Riley teasing her.
"Come on" she spoke draping Maya's arms over her shoulders from behind and dragging her 2 metres or so.
They both began to laugh at the effort it was taking to get Maya to move even an inch.
They collapsed in a fit of giggles and pushing at eachother playfully.
Maya stopped to admire the beautiful brunette in front of her.
The way her hair got a little messy, her smile that she caused, how her eyes squinted ever so slightly as she laughed but they seemed to still shine so brightly. 
Riley noticed that she had stopped and gave her a weird look.
Maya just smiled cupping Rileys cheek and lightly pressing her lips onto hers. The kiss was subtle and smooth and when she pulled away Riley's beautiful smile had returned to her face.

"What was that for?" Riley asked nervously.
"Youre just..." Maya paused and "beautiful" she smiled sweetly and looked deeply into Rileys eyes.
She looked sad.
Why was she sad?
"Whats wrong?" Maya questioned panicking slightly.
Did she say something wrong?
Oh for gods sake why did she let her guard down, why did she have to open her big mouth and-
Her thoughts were interrupted by Riley kissing her, this time for longer and more passionately.
When they pulled away Maya started to speak "i dont under-" but again Riley cut her off.
"It's just- I've never heard someone say that to me and mean it as much as you just did" Maya's heart almost broke at that sentence.
She was beautiful. Riley was the most beautiful, caring, crazy, incredible, formidable, amazing girl she had ever met and she needed to know that.

"You looked sad I panicked i thought-" Maya started
"No peaches" she said almost as a  whisper. " I was just- happy tears you know" she smiled and hugged the girl.
Maya had to refrain from tearing up herself so she blinked hard and intertwined thier hands together while standing up. They finally found the motivation to start walking back towards thier school.
You could hear the simultaneous sigh escape both thier lips and drift of into the wind while they walked.
And they were both content, happy ...
Riley knew she would replay this moment in her head everyday for the rest of her life.

Unfortunately...
A little piece of lightening named reality struck them hard and fast as they walked into the school building and both girls subconsciously let go of the others hand.

Riley could see her Father across the hall when he made eye contact with her she panicked and looked to Maya.
Only to find and empty space where she once stood. Wow that girl is good at going unnoticed ... 'sneaky' Riley thought to herself what a shock.

Corey walked towards Riley but the girl just huffed and walked away leaving him stood rather saddened with students filing through him from every direction.

Later that day Riley was sat on her couch watching TV when her father arrived home from work.
"Riley can we talk" he immediately said not even giving the girl a chance to acknowledge his presence in the apartment.

She didn't say a word instead she stood , picked the remote up,  turned the TV off then walked away with her head held up in a disapproving manner like a queen looking upon a crowd of admirers.

"Riley. RILEY!" her father yelled after her. He followed the girl down the halls only to be met with a face full of door and the loud bang accompanying it.
"Whats going on?" He knocked repeatedly while soeaking
"If you have to ask then I don't want to talk about it"Rileys partly muffled voice travelled through the piece of wood.
"Come on Riley you know im clueless with these things" he begged
"You really don't know?" She asked thinking about opening the door.
"No" he said but it wasn't with confidence. He had an idea but he didn't know what else to do.
"Liar!" She knew. He was too obvious. She threw the pillow at the door in frustration, not that it made any kind of impact with it being feathers and all.

Corey leant against the door somewhat defeated.

"Please don't tell me this is about Maya again?" He gave in.
Riley remained silent only confirming what the man had said.
Corey had to deal with what he had done and he believes he is making the right choice their was no fixing how Riley felt.  He needed to just let her be a teenager.
So he left.

On the other side of the door Riley shook her head, a stray tear prying it's way out of her tear duct.
"For gods sake" she fell back on her bed shoving a different pillow over her face and screaming.
Why couldn't he just stop.

Alright... okay... I know its a short chapter and I've been gone a while but how about this... 2 more chapters in the next 24 hours to make it up to you guys?
Y'all have been so supportive of this story so thank you so much.