Chapter 38- Find her.

Riley was sat on the bench, behind the school building for what felt like forever. She didnt feel like crying but it happened anyway. She put it down to the stress of sneaking around and being questioned on a constant basis.
After forever; forever being only 20 minutes she eventually heard a
"Hey" in a light voice and the sound of footsteps on a stoney pathway coming to a halt.
Riley opened her eyes and looked up to see Farkle.
The girl couldn't help but roll her eyes a little
"How did you find me?" She sniffed a little before sighing and rubbing her eyes like a tired child on a road trip.
"Welllllll-" Farkle started.

Flashback

What did I say?" He looked towards Farkle who just put his head in his hands looking away from his teacher.

Corey's eyes darted up as he saw a flash of blonde from the corner of his eye.
"Miss Hart" he raised his voice a little  "where do you think you're going?" He asked pointing at the girl.
Maya scoffed at the man. Riley needed her right now and she needed to go find her.
Of course she couldnt say that though considering Mr Matthews had gone all detective on thier asses when it comes to her and Riley hanging out.

"May I be excused?" She asked mocking a polite tone. Even though it was fake it still sounded weird coming out of Maya's mouth. She cringed a little in her own head.
"No" Corey simply said then turned away from her and walked towards the chalkboard.
"I just need to use the bathroom!" She defended,  clearly lying but not caring in the slightest.
"Haha ...how stupid do you think I am?" He asked the girl "Sit down Maya" he spoke, not even looking away from the board. He then decided that he should probably keep an eye on her considering he knew what Maya was like.

Now normally Maya would just leave because it was easy to sneak away. But for the next 10 minutes Corey had his eyes glued to Maya occasionally walking infront of each classroom door to prevent escape.

Maya wrote on a note before scrunching it up and dashing it at Farkles head.
"Hey!" He yelled causing Mr Matthews to stop teaching.
Maya looked at him annoyed and raised her eyebrows at him.
"Yes Farkle?" He asked confused.
"Nothing Sir" he looked down again. His teacher chose to ignore him this time and continue.
As much as he was worried about his daughter he knew he would only make it worse. So he would look for her after. Riley is a good girl she probably just went to the library... he convinced himself.

When Farkle looked back at Maya. She pointed to the ground where the paper fell and the boy just gave her an angry look before picking it up.

When he unwrapped the note it read
"Go find her"
He turned around and mouthed
"I can't" shaking his head.
"Why not?" She mouthed back.

He then tried to mouth 'I dont know where she is and she's mad at me.' But Maya just gave him a very confused and somewhat irritated look.

Instead he wrote on the note and threw it back to her the second Mr Matthews wasn't looking.

It read "I don't know where she is and she's mad at me, what if she doesn't want to see me right now"
Farkle watched the blonde read the note and shake her head.

Maya wrote down something and then threw it back
Farkle reached up to catch it but fumbled around and made a huge ruckus falling of his chair.

"Farkle?" This time Mr Matthews was suspicious.
He quickly looked at the note whilst laying on the floor between tables.
"You need to go I can't. She needs someone. Check behind the school building."

Before jumping back up in his seat and staring at his teacher.
"What is up with you?" He questioned.
"May i be excused?" He asked.
"Farkle..." he gave him a worried look.
"Please sir?" Farkle gave him his serious face. Mr Matthews knew that face plus he trusted Farkle.
"Fine" he gave in. Even if the boy was going to look for Riley that was probably a good thing on his part.

Farkle didnt move he didnt know whether it was a good idea.
He looked back at Maya amongst the room of students, who had thier heads down, working at there desks.
"I don't know"  he mouthed
Maya gritted her teeth. She knew she was about to regret this 
"Please!" She basically choked out.

Farkle was shocked to say the least. Maya Hart saying please... thats unheard of. Well I guess she didnt really say it but-
"Farkle" Corey looked up from his desk wondering why the boy was just stood there not moving. "Are you going?"

He didnt say anything he just left turning back at the door only to nod at Maya who sat back a little more relaxed that Riley wouldn't be alone.

"Maya really said please?" Riley said to Farkle after he had explained the situation.
"Okay not really the part to focus on Riles but yeah" he laughed a little.
"Huh" was all she said, sitting back on the bench confused.
"Sooo stupid question?" Farkle asked and Riley just nodded for him to go on "are you okay?" He asked twisting his face into a concerned expression.

"You know I am" Riley let out a breath "I just needed to get out of there my Father has been driving me nuts lately" Riley admitted moving up so Farkle could sit along side her.