Chapter 37- Leave it alone!

"Whatever now lets get on" Mr Matthew's spoke. His voice started to fade from the ears of Farkle and Riley.

Farkle leaned forward in his chair and whispered to his best friend
"Riles? What's going on?" Farkle was clearly talking about Maya now ignoring the tension between her and her father.
"What do you mean?" Riley played dumb, not looking back trying not to raise suspicion from her father who was currently babbling on about ... well she didnt know what he was babbling on about because she wasnt listening.

"Riley you know what I mean" he whispered rather angrily. Riley didn't turn around and she also didnt answer, instead she just stared straight ahead ignoring the boy.
"Riley?" He asked, kind of scared he had offended her for whatever reason.
"We made up" she simply spoke not wanting to get into the details of her current relationship status.

"Yeah I can see that after what she did!... why?" He questioned not making any attempt at hiding his discomfort towards the situation. This was madness! Just when he thought Riley was safe from being dragged down a dark path she changes directions and heads straight for the forbidden forest.

"Farkle do we really have to talk about this now?" Riley huffed. But Farkle continued as if Riley hadn't even spoken.
"And then you walk into school with her and  she calls you babe and..."

"Its nothing Farkle leave it!" she turned around rather quickly in her seat and spoke a little too loud. The reason she knew it was too loud was because instead of getting an answer from the boy she heard a retort from a man.
"Oh I'm sorry?" Corey stopped mid sentence leaning to scold the teens "is my teaching getting in the way of your conversation?" He said sarcastically.

Damn! Riley thought that was a bit strange of her father.
"Sorry Mr Matthew's" Farkle said and retreated back into his seat looking away from his teacher in shame. Farkle wasnt used to teachers being mad at him in fact he's only ever recieved praise or delight from his teachers so this was not a nice feeling.

Riley however didnt say anything.
"Riley?" He looked at her expectantly and folded his arms.
She stood her ground though, granted she was sitting down but that's irrelevant, she wasnt apologising.
Now being petty wasnt a huge part of Rileys personality but given the circumstances she was allowed to be ... so she was.

When Riley ignored her Father he just scoffed "how about you share your little discussion with the class instead?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Trust me you dont wanna know" Riley said and just sunk in her seat. Her entire body language just screamed 'fuck off and leave me alone'
But Corey did not get the message or if he did he didnt care.

"Oh trust me I do" he looked behind Riley and said "Farkle care to enlighten us on your conversation" he motioned to the whole class who sat in silence watching the exchange. This was like TV to them, a little bit of entertainment and it's a distraction from school work win win.

That class however included Maya and she had a good feeling she knew what... well who they were talking about. Last time Farkle had seen Riley and Maya together was when Riley was kicking Maya out of the closet and he was comforting the crying girl. The crying girl who's tears were caused by the witch and now they were just suddenly okay again. What happened? What did he miss? He had so many questions.

"No sir I'm okay thanks" Farkle opted for the safest option.
Riley sighed in relief. Partly because Maya was sat watching amused from the back of the class knowing exactly what was going on. And partly because she was happy with Maya at the moment and she didnt need yet another reason for her father to bulldoze her relationship with the girl after hearing her name.
"Farkle tell me" This was no longer a question, Mr Matthew's had given him an order and Farkle was about to snap.

"We-"
"God just leave it alone dad!" Riley yelled before standing up and rushing out of the door.
"What did I say?" He looked towards Farkle who just put his head in his hands looking away from his teacher.

Riley just kept going. It wasnt even that bad. She didnt need to have an outburst like that and she knew she was overeacting but her Father was just so ... Corey.
Everything that had happened over the last couple of weeks just kept building and building and she just didnt want to hear him once again tell her how he disapproves of Maya or that shes a terrible person.
She just had to leave. No questions asked, she just couldn't even stand the sight of him let alone him trying to prove some kind of authority over her and her friends for petty reasons rather than actual educational ones.

Riley didnt realise it but by the time she had stopped running she was at the back of the school building, stopped infront of the bench ... the bench.

She remembered the first time she ever cut class with Maya and they ended up here. She sat down and just let he thoughts envelope her.
God was this what school was gonna be like from now on. Her Father getting at her for every little thing, him watching her to constantly keep another human away from her and Farkle up her arse about it too.
God she just wanted everything to stop. How did she go from a slight inconvenience to suddenly all of this. Was she overreacting?
Or was she actually making sense.
Maya was bad for her? she was good for Maya?

It didnt matter she knew what she felt and that's all that matters.

Been a long time... haha. So I cant  promise to update every week or anything like that because I've found that im not good at it ... which I'm sure you guys know. But I have not given up on this fic and I will be writing more. So enjoy 😜