Chapter- Riley

As promised another chapter for y'all and more to come soon.

"Hey beautiful" Riley smiled at her Maya's words, squeezing the arms that had wrapped them selves around her body from behind. She would never get tired of Maya's little pet names for her... sunshine, beautiful, cutie, hotstuff, whatever she was in the mood for that day. Hot stuff was definately never repeated again after Riley had out right laughed in the girl's face a few days ago upon hearing it. 

"Hey" she giggled as Maya kissed her cheek then took her rightful place besides the girl once again interlocking thier fingers.

They walked together for 5 minutes chatting lightly about what they were going to do at school until
"So... when do I get to see you?" Maya asked the question with casual caution but it still made Riley look defeated

"I dont know peaches I'm sorry" she tried smiling.

"God this sucks" Maya looked to the sky running her hand through her hair as they walked. She couldnt help but become frustrated.

"Maybe I could sneak away at lunch" Riley tried squeezing Maya's hand
But Maya just let go and threw her hands up
"You shouldn't have to sneak away just to be around me Riley" she stopped to lean on a wall.

"Woah..." Riley held her hands up in defence
"What?" Maya scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, she wasnt that loud was she?
"You called me Riley?" Was all she said and Maya leaned away from the wall crossing her arms
"That is your name isn't it" Maya didnt mean for it to come out so harsh but ...Ouch!
You could see from Riley's face that she was a little hurt by her words by the way she winced upon hearing them.

Riley just started walking away a little more pacey this time.
"Wait sorry that was mean I-" Maya caught up to her.
"No no it's okay" Riley composed herself
"You've just never really called me that in that way" Riley spoke trying desperately to keep a straight face.

"What do you mean" Now she was even more confused she thought Riley was sad because she raised her voice.
"Well I'm Riley but to you I'm... beautiful" the girl smiled thinking about thier conversation a week ago ...

Flashback

Riley noticed that she had stopped and gave her a weird look.
Maya just smiled cupping Rileys cheek and lightly pressing her lips onto hers. The kiss was subtle and smooth and when she pulled away Riley's beautiful smile had returned to her face.

"What was that for?" Riley asked nervously.
"Youre just..." Maya paused and "beautiful" she smiled sweetly and looked deeply into Rileys eyes.
...
"I'm babe, I'm sunshine" she continued "I'm not just plain old Riley" she shrugged as she slowed her walking pace.

"Okay for starters there is no such thing as plain old Riley you're the most colourful person I've ever met" Maya practically yelled walking alongside her "and secondly I'm sorry I didnt mean to get so serious I just I want to see you more I want to tell the world about us  and right now I can't even tell my history teacher because he's the father of my girlfriend and clearly doesn't like me so makes it his mission to separate us but I always wanna be with you I really- " Maya stopped talking when she realised that Riley was no longer beside her.
She looked back to see she had stopped and had a glazed look on her face as if in some kind of trance.

"Babe?" Questioned walking back to her
"I'm..."
"What's wrong?"
"I'm your girlfriend" Riley had a hint of a cheeky smile on her face but had to contain it. Had Maya even noticed what she called her. HER GIRLFRIEND. They had never used that word before they had barely talked about it besides avoiding labels and now Riley couldn't help but feel shocked and giddy all at once at hearing those words come out of Maya's mouth ...Maya Hart's mouth!

While Riley followed her inner monologue Maya just froze
"I... Umm ... I " This was a wonderfully rare occasion where Maya didnt have a quick remark or a single word to say instead she stuttered stupidly while staring at the girl scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.
"Peaches?"
"I didn't mean to-uhhh-  I mean we haven't s-said- like I dont do that - I don't know if you want t-that - it doesn't matter I just-if I were to ask you would you- I mean no I wouldn't assume that but I know I maybe sort of- umm like the idea but i-its whatever I just- "
Riley rolled her eyes dramatically and grabbed Maya's face to kiss her
The girl stopped her breath hitched in her throat moments before Riley connected their lips.

God she will never get tired of feeling those lips it's the only thing that makes her okay with being told to shut up. It's the perfect way to shut her up Riley thought.

They sunk into the kiss eventually wrapping thier arms around eachother and pulling apart for a second
"You're so cute when your nervous" Riley pecked her lips considering they were still so close together
"But I would love to-" Riley stopped talking and was now looking past Maya into the alley they had stopped infront off

Maya couldnt believe it this moment was perfect I mean besides being referred to as cute but it was okay because it was Riley. But why did she stop talking is she changing her mind before she's even said it because she was sure Riley was about to agree to be her girlfriend after she accidentally referred to her as so.

"Babe what's wrong" Maya pulled away slightly to examine her face
"Why are they looking at us?" Riley whispered not removing her eyes from whoever she was looking at
"Who?" Maya turned around letting go of Riley. Her mouth became agape and her eyes went wide.
Three girls were staring at the 2 girls rather aggressively. They looked like Maya all dressed in black with studded boots and ripped jeans.
"Umm Riley let's go" Maya grabbed her hand still maintaining eye contact with the girls. She never broke eye contact with the girls, that split second of fear on her face was replaced by an intimidating angry stare towards them.

"Maya wait who are they?" She tried to pull away and look back at the girls.
"Nobody let's go" she pulled Riley away and started running down the street, finally looking away. Her only priority right now was getting Riley as far away from them as fast as possible.

After a while Riley pulled at Maya's hand to stop her, she was out of breath
"Okay okay stop" Riley said between breaths
Maya did and it was clear she was scanning the street for any sign of the girl's.
Once she could speak Riley asked her again
"Maya who were they?" She asked a little scared
"I don't know babe" Maya lied rather easily, now attempting to seem calm and ignore what just happened.

"Don't lie to me Maya who were they?" Riely saw right through her like a plain glass window.

"No I'm not lying I don't know them but they just- they looked like trouble" she said and this time it was the truth.

"They looked like you Maya" Riley said in a sad tone realisation hitting her like a ton of bricks.
"Yes exactly and I'm trouble so you understand" Maya spoke rather urgently, pulling at the girl again.

Riley pursed her lips and scrunched her eyebrows
"Peaches..." she said touching her shoulder empathetically
"Can we just go to school" she shrugged off Rileys touch. As warm as it was she just felt uneasy with the whole situation and right now she didnt want Riley to push the subject.

"Umm since when are you so eager to go to a place of education and learning" Riley followed along behind her genuinely concerned now.

"Well you must be rubbing off on me" she tried to joke smiling at the girl 
"Nope. That's not it" Riley tapped her fore finger to her chin "Whats going on?" She tried again.

"Can you just drop it Riley!"
There it was again 'Riley' Maya's voice echoed in the girls head
"I mean ... babe listen ....let's just go okay" she lightly grabbed her hand and pecked the brunette on her cheek and smiled at her warmly, after realising what she had just said.
Riley just half smiled back
"Okay" she gave up. She could see whatever it was that was getting at the girl was a sore topic.

They ignored it all and just walked to school in a somewhat uncomfortable silence this time.