Chapter 30- let me explain

"Fine" Maya smiled sat down then grabbed Riley and pulled her into her own lap.
"Hey let go of me" Riley giggled, trying to pull away.
"No way peaches I wanna be close to you" she laughed along with the girl.

"Come on you said you wanted to talk and we're on a bathroom floor" She scolded motioning to the ground around them.

"Alright alright" she let go of her girl and sat back against the sinks whilst Riley leant against the wall adjacent to her.
"You said some pretty mean things Maya" she spoke whilst leaning her arms on her knees, her happy expression fading.
"Riley you have to understand and..."she held up a finger "please don't interrupt me just let me talk okay?" Maya asked before she would continue.

"Okay" Riley muttered finally ready to listen.

    "I don't like how farkle is putting ideas into your head Riley " Maya began
"He's just being a-"
"Tool? Yes I know. Now, we said no interupting." Maya finished Rileys sentence for her and carried on with Riley just taking an exasperated sigh shaking her head.

"Riley what he heard..." she sighed "yes I said it but it wasn't like that" Maya crossed her legs and reached out to place a hand on Rileys knee.

"What was it like then Maya it's hard to think of it as a good thing"  Riley hugged her knees causing Maya's hand to fall off the girls leg.

"I know I know but you have to believe me ok..." Maya waited for confirmation.
Riley nodded slightly not saying anything.
"Sarah was onto us and I was stupid and I felt like I had to protect my image" Maya paused looking for any change in the other girls face. "So I told her I was using you. I said I only wanted to piss off your dad but Riley it wasn't true you have to believe me" the blonde begged.

"I-" Riley looked sceptical so Maya continued.
"I wanted to protect my reputation but it was stupid. I was stupid! I didn't mean it at all. What Farkle heard he had no context to it he heard wrong." Maya's voice sounded desperate, all she wanted was for Riley to believe her. She was telling truth after all.
She stared at Riley hopefully.

"I'm just suppose to believe you" Riley sniffed trying to avoid tears. What Maya was saying was credible but it could still be a lie.
Mayas expression got even more solumn.

"Please. Why would I go through all this trouble otherwise. Please peaches it was just one stupid conversation that was me telling a bunch of lies to protect a reputation I no longer really care about. Why would I lie?" Maya asked seriously.
But Riley didn't answer. She just sat there as if she was in a trance, staring at the ground, unwilling to look at Maya's face.
The silence was deafening. With only the slight *tap* *tap* being heard from water falling out of a leaky tap.Then a loud BANG CLUNK caused both girls to dart their eyes towards the door.
"GET OUT!" Maya yelled then said nothing else. The girl jumped in fear and froze watching Maya's glare. She barely had time to question what the girls were doing in her own head before she heard a "NOW!" Boom from Maya and she scurried away.

It was quiet again.

"You have to be less mean to others aswell you know" Riley spoke breaking silence.

"What do you mean?"

"If you really want me, like you say you do and you really don't care about your reputation anymore ...then you have to be nice to others aswell" Riley proclaimed.

"Wait does that mean..." Maya voice was hopeful.

"I forgive you peaches" Riley smiled and then Maya grabbed Riley and tackled her to the ground in a deadly hug.
"Noooo the floor is dirty...peaches!" Riley moaned but that little hint of laughter meant that she wasn't completely annoyed at it.

Maya stood up and held her hand out to Riley who took it regardless of whether she needed help or not.

"So I didn't actually think you'd be able to come what did you tell your dad" Maya asked walking towards the door and opening it, still hand in hand with Riley.

"I didn't tell him anything" Riley laughed following Maya out the door.

"Does he not wonder where you are?" Maya asked. She knew her own mother wouldn't but Riley had a teacher for a father surely he'd care.

"Well a lot of the time I stay back to go to the library he knows that so he doesn't really ask" Riley shrugged as they strolled down the hallway.

"Oh wow" Maya blinked hard and swung her head back a little as if she'd been hit with an imaginary object.

"What?" Riley asked finding Maya' reaction to be a little weird.

"Nothing ...just ... You are such a lil nerd ...look at you" Maya pinched her cheeks just to take the piss even more and poured.

"Stoooooppp" Riley swatted her hands away and looked down at the ground.

"I'm joking babe don't worry"

"Oh so it's babe now"

"Is it not allowed to be"

"That depends..."

" on what..." Riley stopped in the middle of the empty hallway and moved slyly towards Maya "you plan..." she put her lips dangerously close to Maya s lips and took a hold of her hands "to do now"

"I..." every word in every language had flew from Maya's mind.

"You?" Riley said although it came out as more if a seductive whisper.

Maya breathed in harshly as Riley place her hands round Maya' s waist the touch gave her a spark of confidence and instead she lost all sight of where she was and what she was doing and

"I plan on doing this" she spoke quickly then crashed her lips onto Rileys furiously making out with her. It was as if every day she was away from her and every kiss she had missed out on was all built into this one kiss.
They wrapped their arms around eachother and Maya pushed against Riley causing the brunettes back to hit the lockers with a loud THUD.
Both their eyes widened while thier lips still touched. Before they quickly looked at eachother, broke apart and started to catch thier breath.

Maya's eyes darted left and right to make sure their carelessness wasn't caught and Riley did the same.

"We should go to ..." Maya flustered out words.

"Detention? yeah let's go" Riley sighed finally catching her breath.

"Oh don't wait up babe" Maya smirked at the use of the word 'babe' then continued "I'll find you later"

"Oh right well... I kinda have to come" Riley smiled.