[0:89]

"Do I hide or something?" Jaren chuckled, reminiscing the words John once said before. The older rolled his eyes and shook his head as he got up from the made bed.

They'd had made sure to clean up everything and even light candles to enhance a more.. different fragrance. Both John and Jaren had gotten fully dressed in comfortable clothing and had been watching movies for the rest of the evening.

John unlocked and opened the door. There stood his father dressed in formal wearing, a pleasant smile on his face as he stared at his son. John stood a bit stiff at the grin before loosening up. "Yes?"

"Do you mind if I.." The elder started before his eyes came in contact with a blanketed Jaren. "Talk to you for a minute?"

John subtly moved into his fathers line of sight making him look at him instead. "Yeah, what's up?" He questioned again but the man shook his head.

"In private." John's father demanded sharply. Though the smile he walked in with never faded, it honestly gave the boy goosebumps.

He looked back at Jaren for a minute before nodding. The curly brown haired confused on what the hell was even happening yet he didn't have time to question it as they exited the room. Every time he made eye contact with John's father he wanted to throw up, he was kind of glad he didn't stay for too long. "But why did John leave?" He frowned.

John had walked aside his father down the long hallway. Neither breaking the prolonged silence the two had built and John was becoming more and more uneasy. Why the hell had he been smiling the whole time? It creeped him the hell out.

"You two seem to be getting along well." The void had been broken by the older. His voice a but condescending as he paid no mind to John's reaction.

The younger nodded, a short breath of air leaving him. "Yeah, we're gonna be related soon so might as well get to know each other.." John muttered. He'd give anything than to be here right now.

His father arched a brow. "I see, though, brothers don't bond as you two do?"

"Pardon?" John questions a bit perplexed.

"It's nothing." The man chuckled and John had never been more nervous, no.. confused, in his life.

He chewed his bottom lip, a habit he'd come to form absentmindedly. "Oh, okay.."

"Though there are some secrets I've come to discover." John looked to his father who'd been staring at him malevolently. Lips curved up into a smirk and eyes a bit closed off. "It seems Jaren has a few secrets to himself boy."

The younger tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

"He is no saint," John's father sneered. "That boy does dirty work. He's also gay," John's eyes widened at the tone in which his father took. Such a disgusted repugnant level of voice and disdainful eyes. He had no idea his father didn't approve of the way people decided to show love, but then again what'd he expect. The man was a cheater.

"The boy has done some things for money before he and his mother got here. Doing YouTube wasn't the only way he paid off bills, should've known." The man chuckled humorlessly.

John swallowed dryly. Throat burning at the rough sensation and senses on high alert. Fuck, how'd he find out? He and Jaren had only talked about it once, unless the man decided to do a background check and even stalk his personal information.

"How do you know that? Where is this even coming from?" The younger grew irritated at the way his father made Jaren sound like a cheap whore or something. They'd made it to the living area where his father took a seat on the couch while John stood.

"I have my ways boy, don't trust anything he has to say." He warned. "For all we know he and his mother could had been in the business together. Like mother, like-"

"Stop." John cut in abruptly, eyes on fire as he stared back at the man. "You don't get to finish that sentence."

John's fathers eyebrows jumped in amusement. "Oh? Why is that?" He asked with a laugh. To John that laugh was sinister, he hated how he thought he could walk around untouched. This right now could be a major cut in his plan.

"Because," John started. "How come you bring these people into our home and make it as though you'd treat them so well, but you-" John couldn't get the words out. As though his throat had closed up as it once did years ago.

The man tilted his head. "But I?"

The boy sucked his bottom lip between his teeth. Pained expression on his features as he blinked away tears threatening to spill. Why the hell did he always want to cry when he looked at the man? When he remembered all he's done? It hurts him to no extent. John sighed shakily. "You say and do things like this!"

"I told you to not go through with it. To let them go back to wherever they came from. To leave these people alone, they've already been through so much. They don't need you dragging them down even more dad. When you brought that woman here you made a commitment, no matter what they'd done in the passed it was forgotten because they had you now." John ranted weakly, his words jabbing at his father but he had no idea if he actually felt it.

If he was even actually listening. "You should've known that not every one has it easy like us. I don't wanna sit here and hear you say you're gonna throw them out because of something like this."

His father was a bit wordless. "I had no idea you've warmed up to the two of them this much. What happened?" He enquirers with a raised brow.

"That's the thing!" John chuckled humorlessly. "Nothing happened! This was something mom taught me, taught us. Yet, for some reason I'm the only one that seems to remember these things."

"I never found time to actually listen to your mother's words son, she was a-"

"I don't care, I don't. If that's all you had to gossip to me about then I'm leaving." John rushed out tiredly. Fingers pinching the skin between his eyebrows as he sighed.

His father cleared his throat. Not expecting the conversation with his son to take the turn it did. But, then again he did. Maybe this is what he wanted. "Just know that whatever you do I'm one step ahead boy. I'm your family, not them. I may have brought them into this home but I can take them out at anytime." He nonchalantly informed and that nearly sent John over the edge.

He couldn't say anything though because he'd give himself away. John walked away without another word. He was fighting his own battle within his mind and he was losing. John made his way up the stairs before sinking against the wall beside his room. Not ready to face Jaren as he buried his head in his hands. Accepting the fate to carry the burden on his own. 

John didn't know what to do as he pulled at the golden locks of hair. There was now a huge drawback and his dad had information that could ruin the little youtuber. "Fuck.."

No matter what he'd think of something. Far from giving up but at the moment he needed a break to recollect his thoughts. Looking at Jaren without feeling guilty was gonna be hell. Already dawning the look he'd give if he told him what his father knew. John just knew,

"I'll figure out something."
||

Damn that's crazy