[0:05]

"We both hate each other."

Jaren nodded. He stared at the blank TV screen, the remote too far from his reach. So the only thing he could do was make conversation. Turning his bored gaze towards a weary John. "Why do we hate each other anyway?"

At that question they both made eye contact. Thinking maybe they could get along, become friends and see through each other's differences. Their eyes widening a bit at the thought, the thought that they could be an actual family if only they accepted each other. If they could-

"Nah."

"Nope."

The duo said in unison, turning from each other and going to staring at the blank TV that looked so interesting to them for some reason. Their parents watching them from the staircase with heavy hearts and hoping they'd at least talk to each other.

"What are we going to do Johnny? They don't seem to be talking. What if they hate each other?" Jaren's mom spoke and her fiancé sighed. He knew something like this would happen, his own son didn't even agree but he'd had high hopes that her son would at least like the idea because he was rich. But that wasn't a case for Jaren who just wanted what was best for his mom.

He kissed her temple. "Don't worry, they'll come around." He says softly in order to give her reassurance, but if only they knew it wasn't the come around they would want. Now back to Jaren and John who sat on either side of the couch.

A round of silence passed for them. "I want my phone." Jaren pouted and John nearly threw up, showing a grimace.

"I want mine too, you ain't special."

"Ain't is not a word." Jaren corrects. Another round of silence passes by them, both boys not knowing what to say in order to fix their situation. They had an idea but were they willing to actually risk it.

John dramatically groans loudly, drawing the attention of both their parent and Jaren. He shuffled over to Jaren who quickly grew dumbfounded at his movements, he was ready to tell him off before John placed a finger to his lips.

Pulling him closer he whispers into his ear. "We have to at least act like we like each other. Even if we hate it, either that or we try to split them up." Okay now Jaren being the gay boy he is, he couldn't help but blush. Curling in a bit on himself whenever he felt his hot breath hit his neck.

He swallowed harshly, nodding. "Why don't we try to act nice to get our phones back and then we try splitting them up." He stumbled out, thanking God he didn't stutter.

John pulled back, not even bothering to question the pink on his cheeks. He smirked and held his hand out, offering to shake hands. Jaren stared at it before taking his hand in his, the two shaking them firmly. They then look up at each other with a smile before quickly pulling away with a grimace. "Ew!!"

"Gross, let's not do that. Ever again." Jaren cracked and John nodded hastily. "Yeah, let's not." Meanwhile their parents were smiling from ear to ear at the skin contact. The two thinking they were finally getting along.

"Oh, sweetie maybe you're right." She giggled and her fiancé smiled at the sound. "I told you sweetheart. It just comes with time." He makeshifts and pulls her closer. "I guess I can give them their phones back." He says and she nods.