[0:01]

I'm back with another flop story, praise me 😔
||

One day

Jaren gasped as he watched his mother hold the hand of another man. Still contemplating the words she said, still adjusting to the lips placed on hers, and the smile they both had resting on their faces. Her smile so wide Jaren thought it would rip her face, the man smiled mischievously at him and that's when Jaren knew his life would be a living hell from now on.

"We're getting married." She exclaimed happily. Her hair bouncing with the amount of joy she placed on her legs and her hands tightening on the man's. Jaren shook his head, pure shock and bewilderment placed on his face, he then backs away slowly. "No."

His mother raises a brow. Her eyes flicking from her sons then to the man before her. "Excuse me?" Jaren shook his head again in denial. Refusing to accept this ridiculous fate his mother pushed on him and the shiny expensive watch glistening on the man's veiny wrist.

Jaren knew why his mother was doing this, why she was rushing. His father went to jail a couple of years ago and his mother was already out selling herself. At least that's what he calls it, a sickening pit at the bottom of his stomach as he thinks about it. 'This couldn't be fucking happening.' He thought.

With a wiry smile, she dismisses herself in order to talk to her stunned son. "If you'll excuse us." Jaren's mother grasped him by his ear and pulled him far from the male standing in their living room. "What is wrong with you boy?" She demanded once they had made it to the kitchen.

Jaren broke and nearly screamed in her face, but he had respect for his mother. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You bring this stranger into our home and start spitting bullcrap about getting married." He gritted. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she stared in frustration at her son.

"Look Jaren, you know we need this. Your father is gone and we need a man in charge of the house-"

"I am the man in charge of the house." He cut off, a strangled shout threatening to leave out of anger. "The only man you need mom. Don't throw your life away to some rich bastard who doesn't give a crap about you. You know what he wants."

At that his mother averted her concerned gaze. Now replaced with despondency. "Baby I know, but mommy needs this. To help you, my job and your job isn't enough and also paying for your college it's-"

"I'll drop out, I'll help out more and get 2 Jobs mom. If being a YouTuber isn't already enough income, I'll upload 6 videos a day. I don't want you to suffer for me." Jaren pleaded, begged, but he was talking to unhearing ears. She shook her head and gave her son a stern look. "You will not, I promised your father you would make something out of yourself. That was his last wish."

Jaren rolled his eyes. "I'm sure dad also wouldn't want you giving yourself to different me who don't  give a single fu-"

A slap echoed through the room. A harsh string spreading dangerously across Jaren's cheek. "Watch your mouth. I am still your mother and you will not disrespect me. What I said is final, if you don't like it you can leave but you will not drop out." Venom laced in her sharp, strong words but she didn't mean it.

If her son was to leave her she would break down and even kill herself, the only string of her deceased husband left. Jaren knew that, so he didn't think too much about her last choice of words. "Go pack." With that she left and went back to the man waiting patiently in the living room for her.

Jaren held his head down in failure, he failed to help his mother realize this was a bad idea. He hated the idea of her rushing to get another husband when her own had just passed away. He hated that she couldn't see that the only thing that man wanted was her body. If he really loved her he would had told her to wait until they got to know each other better.