Messy Hair & Sweat Pants

Hermione was spending the last week of Christmas break at Pansy's place. Ron had offered, but she didn't want to spend more time with him than needed. She told him her parents had found a place close to the station to stay. It was a 'mini vacation' or so she had said. He had accepted this even though it wasn't true, but what did Ron know about muggle customs? Hermione was going to get to the train the 'muggle' way with Fred and George so Ron didn't get too suspicious. They spent a day at everyone's place that week. First they stayed at Malfoy Manner. This prompted questions from everyone besides Harry.

"I understand weird tension, but that Draco. That was, dare I say, murder waiting to happen." Blaise said as soon as they left.

Draco shrugged trying to keep from crying. Harry shot Blaise a death stare and pulled Draco into his arms 'shushing' him. The rest were just as confused as Blaise. Draco mumbled something only Harry could hear and Harry nodded. They had been standing around in Snape's study. The brooding man hadn't let them know he was there yet and pondered if scaring them was a good choice. After all Draco was already upset and Harry may have been ready to pounce.

"It's about time you brats." Snape said scaring the lot.

Draco as expected hid his face in Harry's chest more if it was even possible. Blaise stepped protectively in front of Fred and George spreading out his wings. Pansy and Hermione squeaked. In turn to all their reactions Snape laughed.

"Not funny father." Harry growled. "You need to stop doing that when Draco's upset."

"Sorry I just couldn't help myself. How's a round of cocoa as an apology?"

"Two rounds and we can call it even." Harry said.

"Two rounds it is. Are you planning on staying up all night?"

"Most likely. Blaise owes us some answers." Pansy said.

Harry lead everyone up two flights of stairs to the end of the hall into a room that looked much bigger than it should have been. There was a double bed for everyone and one king size bed. They all turned to give Harry a quizzical look and he just smiled. Snape came in not 5 minutes later with a tray levitating behind him.

"Are you all satisfied?" He asked.

"I need answers." Pansy deadpanned.

Draco nodded in agreement. He had never known Snape to have such a big room in his house. Harry smiled and Snape shook his head giving them their cocoa. He said he would be back in 3 hours with round to and left.

"Since when has uncle Sev had such a big room?" Draco finally asked breaking the silence.

"He doesn't at least not really. I practice my magic every chance I get and managed to successfully do an expanding spell. Father wanted to remove it, but I managed to get him to leave it. So now this is were I practice. I transfigured the beds as well. The King is for you Blaise. I figured you'd still have your wings, or at least like to stretch them out." Harry explained.

Blaise nodded with a slight tinge of red. Pansy took the opportunity to pounce.

"So why do you still have your wings? Why did you even get your... Oh wait... You turned 16 didn't you? Why wouldn't you tell us? And mphmphmphmphmph" Hermione had covered Pansy's mouth stopping her rant.

"It's okay Hermione. I know I owe you all an explanation so here it is." Blaise took a breath. "Yes I did just turn 16. I didn't say anything because I thought you would all make fun of me. My parents had convinced me I couldn't trust you guys. I'm sorry I believed them. I'll get to my wings in a bit, but I think you guys should know. My creature is a vampire dragon. Mostly someone with a creature has one mate, but I have two because my creature's blood is mixed. So basically I'm a vampire and a dragon. So there's a mate for each half. My wings well..."

"Don't share too much Blaise. You're going to make him faint." Harry cut Blaise off and motioned to Fred who was staring at his hands and was as red as a tomato.

George nudged Blaise to comfort Fred. 'This is a mate thing not a brother thing.' George had reasoned and he was right. Blaise crawled over to Fred and pulled him close with his wing. Fred didn't say anything, just leaned into Blaise's side and sipped his cocoa.

"Blaise I still have questions." Pansy huffed.

"Later Pans. Promise." Blaise said.

"OH my fucking Salazar." Draco yelped and every one looked at him. "Sorry. Stupid snake scared me."

"Not ssssstupid. You are another Fred. Or Fred isssss another you." Harry started to laugh clutching his stomach. "Sssssee what I have to put up with. I need sssssomeone elssse to talk to." Salvitor finished.

"HEY! That's not nice." Harry stopped laughing and frowned. "If I'm not good enough company go find Tom. See how much conversation you get out of him without him telling me or father."

"Care to translate for those of us who don't speak snake?" George asked.

"Stupid snake was trying to tell Draco that he needed someone other than me to talk to. After saying Draco was another Fred." Harry was ignoring the sorry's he was getting for Salvitor.

*~*

"So unlike Harry's fancy room you guys get to choose which one of these you would like to stay in. Only on this level." Blaise said gesturing to what must have been ten or so doors.

"And bathrooms?" Hermione asked.

"All connected to the bed rooms. The room on the end, however, is mine. No one is allowed in."

"*cough* Except the twins *cough cough*." Pansy said into her elbow.

Draco laughed and the three older boys turned red. Hermione started to laugh as Blaise covered himself with his wings. Harry just bit the inside of his cheek trying not to make things worse. Pansy, Hermione and Draco took a good few minutes to calm down. Blaise was still hidden under his wings. Fred and George had disappeared into a nearby room. They spent the rest of the evening in the lounge chatting. Blaise showed off a few things he learnt to do with his wings. Around 2 in the morning they went to sleep.

*~*

Pansy laid sprawled out on the couch over Hermione's lap. Hermione was making small plats here and there. Blaise was laying in the air. His wings flattered every now and then to keep him in the air. Draco was asleep curled up next to Harry.

"Blaise where are the twins?" Hermione asked.

Blaise faltered and hit the ground. "Ahh. They're talking."

"Were talking." The twins said as they entered the room.

Blaise tried to get up but faltered again. Fred and George went to help him. George stepped back and hissed. Fred could feel heat radiating from Blaise and panicked. He bit his tongue to ignore the burning from his hand and lifted Blaise. George stepped in to help. They managed to get him sitting on the chair Harry and Draco had vacated.

"What's happening"
"with him?" They asked.