Malfoy Maddness

Narcissa Malfoy may have been the one who showed Draco more affection throughout his childhood. That didn't mean they were closer to each other. In fact quite the opposite was true. Draco knew he could go to Lucius with any problem, but he had to be selective with what he told to his mother. Narcissa disapproved of many things. Now after Draco's secret was revealed she didn't even look in his direction. Lucius had always suspected Draco preferred boys over girls, so when he found out his son's life partner was Harry he was actually happy.

Over the next few weeks there had been tension in the Malfoy Manner. It wasn't noticeable at first, but like an avalanche everything came crashing down one morning at breakfast.

"Draco." Narcissa said.

"Yes mother."

"Do you think I am pleased?" Lucius looked up at Narcissa's question.

"What do you mean mother?" Draco frowned.

"Draco, we spent Christmas with Severus and Potter. They spent New Years here. Do you think I am pleased about that?" Narcissa never made eye contact, but curled her mouth in disgust when she spoke Harry's old surname.

"I would say no mother." Draco deadpanned.

"Correct. Now do you know why I am not pleased?" She asked.

"Cissa Darling..." Lucius tried but Draco shook his head at him telling him to let it play out.

"No mother. You never mentioned you were displeased about anything." Draco now sat back in his chair arms crossed.

"I am not pleased for one that Snape adopted that brat. For another I was forced to be nice to him. And lastly I am displeased that my own son is an utter disgrace." Draco's mouth fell open. "How am I to go anywhere now? I cannot show my face in public because I have a gay son."

"Narcissa!" Lucius yelled.

Draco stood up. He wasn't expecting much from his mother honestly. He just wanted her to accept the way things were. Here she was calling him a disgrace for having feelings. Draco marched out of the dinning room and straight to his own. He slammed the door so hard the frame shook and the sound made both Narcissa and Lucius jump.

"Why would you say such things Cissa?" Lucius asked in disbelief.

"Is it not the truth Lucius? You cannot possibly tell me you agree with Severus. He should never have adopted that boy. Now we have to put up with that stained Mudblood line." Narcissa glared at Lucius.

"No Narcissa. Severus should have been made that boys godfather. Harry has been through enough because James was a thick-headed bully. As for his Muggle blood. Lily was a beautiful woman who comes from a line of Squibs." Lucius reasoned in a calm voice.

Narcissa huffed. "What is wrong with you. We should not be putting up with the likes of them. And as for Draco. You should disown him just for associating himself with that boy. Not even considering the stain of being gay."

"Narcissa. I believe breakfast is over. And so is our marriage. I'll give you until Draco goes back to school to change your opinion on the matter. If you have not you can expect to receive divorce papers within two days." Lucius said standing up.

Narcissa's jaw dropped. She attempted to say something, but wasn't allowed.

"As for Draco. If you didn't know already then you are quite dense. I will not disown my son for being who he has always been." Lucius left leaving no room for argument.

His actions and words may have been a bit over board, but he could tell just by looking at her that she was not going to change her opinion. He wanted to force the change on her before she hurt Draco further. Or get rid of the animosity before it polluted him. Lucius made his way to Draco's room to apologize on behalf of Narcissa.

"Fuck off!" Draco shouted when he heard a knock.

Lucius knocked again and something hard hit the door. Draco's anger was understandable although misdirected. Lucius was happy he had knocked instead of just walking in. He could just imagine the foul language Draco would be using and amount of things he would be throwing. Lucius walked to his study in defeat and sat down. He had completely over looked the person that was in the room waiting for him.

"Trouble in paradise?" The person asked.

Lucius jumped sitting straight up. "Damnit Bellatrix!"

She laughed. "Sorry but it was just begging me. So are you really going to leave Cissa?"

"Yes Bell. If she keeps calling my son a disgrace I will have no choice." Lucius said.

"I don't see why you haven't done it sooner." Bellatrix said sitting on the desk.

"Bell marriage is sacred. And before you ask. It was my parents wish for me to marry her. Far be it for me to have disobeyed them." Lucius leaned back.

Bellatrix frowned. "Why did it have to be her. Always 'perfect little Cissa.' she can't do anything wrong and she..."

"Am I detecting a bit of jealousy?" Lucius asked with a smile.

Bellatrix huffed and turned her back to him. "No."

"Bell. I was as hurt as you when I found out. I tried to make my parents change their minds about Cissa. They wouldn't have it." Lucius sighed.

"If she changes her mind you're not going to leave her. So what's the point of telling me this?" Bellatrix asked.

"We both know your sister is full of herself. She's not going to change her mind."

"Then just divorce her already. Draco already knows about our past so it won't matter that much to him." Bellatrix complained.

"I'm a man of my word Bell." Lucius frowned. "I need to get Draco to calm down. Do you mind giving me a few minutes?"

"Sure he is blood after all." Bellatrix started walking to the door.

"Bell. Remember what we spoke about before my wedding?" She nodded. "I meant every single word." Bellatrix smiled and Lucius turned in his chair to floo Severus.

*~*

"Hey uncle Luci. Father said you were looking for me." Harry said looking up at Lucius.

"Why the hell would you not use the floo and risk Narcissa seeing you?" Lucius grumbled.

Harry walked passed him and into the house. "I was already on my broom. Figured it would be less effort." He leaned the broom he was holding against a pillar.

"Right. Well see if you can get Draco to calm down. He's in his room off you go." Lucius took the broom and started towards his study.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The question now is... Does Narcissa change? Or Draco?