Pansy's Plan

"What on earth?" Hermione whispered to Pansy after Harry had left with the twins.

"Mione. Harry knows it was that Ron kid. I don't know how, but he knows I could see it in his eyes. He won't say anything though he'll just get himself expelled." Pansy said staring at the door.

"Pansy. Do you think we can prevent that?" Hermione asked.

"Yes I have a plan, but we will need the boys help. You need to stay here if my plan is going to work." Pansy said standing.

"But Pansy I..."

"Hermione stay." Pansy said earning a nod from Hermione.

She only used Hermione's name when she really really wanted something. Over the past two weeks Hermione had learnt that. Pansy walked over to the Slytherin table and sat in Harry's seat next to Draco. Blaise snapped out of his daze when he saw her and frowned.

"Astronomy Tower after dinner no delays." She said pointedly.

"Pan..."

"Not here Draco." She stood up.

Pansy walked back to a confused Hermione. She had left two confused Slytherins behind her. She looked up at the Professor table and noticed Snape giving her a questioning look. She was always up to something. In the last 8 months Snape had come to expect continuous plans running around in her head. Now was no different. When he saw that look in her eyes he knew something was going to happen. Snape watched for a moment longer before calling out.

"Miss Parkinson. Detention." He stated.

Pansy stood faking anger. "But sir I did nothing wrong."

"That will be detention for the week Miss Parkinson. I will not have my Snakes involved with another house." Snape sipped from his cup.

Pansy huffed, still acting out her disappointment. Hermione didn't know what was happening, but Pansy said no matter what she had to keep quiet. All the Slytherins, Snape and Pansy knew he was just looking for an excuse to talk to her alone. Everyone else started chattering about 'How awful, just for talking to a Slytherin.' but Pansy was smiling on the inside. It was Draco's turn to act out. He knew they couldn't always meet at the astronomy tower and they needed an excuse to be together under false pretence. Blaise had gotten the memo as well, but didn't want to cause suspicion so his 'detention' sentence would have to wait.

"Uncle Sev that's not fair." Draco said. "You've known Pansy for a long time. She's my friend."

"Mr Malfoy be quiet." Snape drawled.

"No. Why are you being mean to her?" Draco feigned hurt.

"Mr Malfoy she is no longer your friend. She is a Ravenclaw and as I said I will not have my Snakes associated with such people. Now be silent before I issue you with punishment." Snape tried not to smile and Pansy was explaining what was happening to Hermione.

"You're just being mean uncle Sev. She's a snake even if her colours are blue." Draco pressed on.

"THAT IS IT! Detention Mr Malfoy. You do not question your head of house. Tomorrow after classes I expect to see you." Snape growled although it was an act.

Draco, now satisfied, hung his head. He looked to Blaise who stood up grabbed Draco's arm and stormed out of the hall. Outside the two started to laugh. They walked down to the dungeons. Blaise had a free period and Draco had potions. Breakfast had ended but 3 minutes after their act and Snape waltzed out of the hall. Hermione and Pansy walked closer to Ron for hopes of him overhearing them.

"Some friend you are. Leaving me to get in trouble like that. I thought I could trust you." Pansy snorted and blew passed Ron.

Ron turned around to see Hermione tear up and run off. Of course this was what they wanted. Ron followed Hermione to an empty corridor. He tried to comfort her. He was still oblivious to what was actually happening. That worked well for them.

*~*

Pansy and Hermione sat in the astronomy tower waiting for the boys as Pansy wouldn't stop apologizing to Hermione. She promised once the boys were there she'd explain her plan fully before going to 'detention' with Snape. Hermione told her to stop with the apologies because she trusted Pansy had a brilliant plan.

"I really am so sorry Mione. I don't want to hurt you." Pansy said looking down.

"Pan I trust you now please stop." Hermione said.

"Is everything okay?" Blaise asked standing with Draco behind the girls.

"Fine. Pansy just keeps saying sorry." Hermione explained.

Pansy nodded and launched into an explanation. "Harry knows it was Ron who planned that thing this morning. From what Mione had told us in the boat I would expect he is trying to get Harry to be his friend. After today though Harry will probably get himself expelled if we don't do anything. So we need an inside man... Or in this case woman." Pansy looked at Hermione.

"So what are we doing?" Draco asked.

"Today was just a show. I'm happy you caught on so fast Draco. I was beginning to worry my plan wasn't secure enough. The whole school now believes there's a divide between us and we need that. Mione was able to get Ron to accept her as a friend by skipping a class. Also because I verbally attacked her when we were behind him so now he will probably think she is with him. Mione's job is to keep him close and learn of any other plans he may be cooking up. My job is to cause friction. I'll get back to that in a bit. You boys are going to have to keep Harry out of trouble as often as needed and he needs to be kept in check around Ron. Let him say what he wants but don't let him do anything that will get him in trouble. I will inform the twins of this as well."

"Are we keeping Harry in the dark?" Draco shifted.

"We have to Draco. It has to be as believable as possible. My friction causing will be around the rest of the school. I'm going to sift out the ones who are in agreement with that grey headed ass and work from there. Blaze you and I need to be seen hanging out more so it will look as if the most loyal Slytherin is against his head of house."

"Wait. Why not Draco?" Blaise frowned.

"Draco's main job will be keeping Harry in the dark and out of trouble since they are in the same year and class. Our schedules line up better anyway. So are we all clear?" Pansy finished.

"I'm going to be friends with Ron. Draco is going to watch out for Harry. Blaise is going to be the disrespectful Slytherin. The twins are going to be their chaos causing selves watching over Harry when Blaise and Draco are not around. You are going fishing. And Professor Snape?" Hermione summed up the plan wondering how Snape fits in.

"Snape will give us a place to meet when we need to. So you two have to get him to give you detention some time this week." Pansy said.

They all nodded in agreement. Pansy left for her detention with Snape and went over everything again. They needed to stop this before it got out of hand because all of then had felt how powerful Harry could be. None of them wanted to see his full potential directed at anyone. Harry had been through enough already and he didn't need people making him resort to old habits. Especially not from the lying old man Dumbledore.