Present and Sorted (A)

The last day before Harry had to leave for school. He was packing up all his things and talking to Salvitor. Snape had said Salvitor could go only if he remained in Snape's quarters then Harry could visit him as often as possible. He Made sure to pack things for Salvitor and gave the bag to Snape. Now the snake lay coiled up on Harry's bed as he packed.

"Ssssshould I really be going?" Salvitor Lifted his head unsure.

"Of courssss. You are my familiar after all." Harry responded proudly.

"But I will get you in trouble." That Shopping even stayed with the snake.

"No don't be sssssilly father agreed." Harry wasn't sure how to make his friend and familiar happy.

"What about masssssterssss life partner?" At this point Salvitor was at a loss.

"I told you to ssssstop calling me masssster. Draco will be fine. I don't think he feelsssss the ssssame." Harry huffed annoyed with his familiar's antics.

"All ready? Or still talking to the snake?" Snape asked startling Harry.

"All ready father. Can Salvitor ride with me to Hogwarts?" Harry asked putting his trunk on the ground allowing the snake to climb onto his shoulders.

Snape thought for a moment. "If he can behave himself While we wait I'll let you know."

Content with the answer Harry walked to the lounge with his trunk. He placed the trunk by the floo and sat down sipping the coco Snape made for him. They were waiting for the two male Malfoys and Pansy and Blaise. Blaise was Draco's friend. Pansy had practically refused to pass up the opportunity of having a gay best friend. They would floo to the train together. Since Blaise was a year older he was intrusted with their safety during the ride. The fire place flared up as Pansy stepped though followed by Blaise. She squeaked upon seeing Harry.

"Isn't this just so exciting!" She gushed at Harry who smiled.

"Miss Parkinson would you mind if I had a moment with Harry." Snape said By the doorway.

"No sir."

Harry stood up and walked to Snape. Snape kneeled down and gave him a box with a ribbon.

"Keep this with you and I will always find you." He said kissing Harry's forehead.

The fire placed roared again and out came the Malfoys.

"Late as usual Lucius." Snape said gliding over. "Shall we go?"

"Yes Father. Harry said grabbing his hand."

At the platform they were saying their goodbyes when Harry asked again if Salvitor could ride with him. Snape agreed. The four found an empty cabin and took a seat. not long after the train started to move Blaise excused him and Draco for a 'chat'. Pansy was talking about what the Daily Prophet was saying about 'Harry James Potter' snickering over all the lies.

"Harry Potter is my friend you know." A red head boy said standing at the door.

Harry and Pansy shared a look. "Ohhh Reeeaaaally?" Pansy said.

"Yeah. He's my best friend."

"Who is your best friend?" A girl asked.

"Harry Potter." The boy said proudly.

"Do you even know him? Besides what everyone else says." She asks with attitude.

"Ahhh Ahhh. Yeah of course." The boy scrunched his nose.

"Well then what does he look like?" The girl asked and the boy huffed then stomped away.

Harry and Pansy were laughing. Draco and Blaise had just got back and walked past the girl to sit. They were rather confused.