XXI. Ruined?

Claire

The warmth of the morning sun visible from the glass-walled lounge touched my skin, waking me up. Gale seemed like he was preparing something for breakfast, walking back and forth from the kitchen to the lounge.

I had a nice sleep with Gale by my side. It was as though my problems quickly disappeared and bliss turned over. It was probably the most comfortable thing which I wish I can experience for a lifetime.

It was still 7 in the morning and Gale said we will be picked up by a bus for the start of the itinerary tour by 9. It made me almost not eat my breakfast in excitement but we still have more or less two hours spare time.

Fortunately, it stopped snowing for a while but I don't know when it will fall again. It seemed like the weather complemented with our trip.

"Oh, you're awake! Good morning!" Gale said. It was still early but he already struck me with his bright smile. It simply started my day positively.

He was still wearing a night gown, probably still haven't taken a bath.

"Good morning." I got up and fixed the bed although it was not that rumpled. I went to the lounge still amazed by the view of the beach even though it was winter.

On the table situated not far from the left corner of the lounge, there were foods that I think were the inclusions for the booking. There were two servings of thick sliced ham which were presentably plated. In a bowl shined four pouched eggs and beside it was a rectangular plate that has strips of bacon. There were also slices of seedless cucumber and tomatoes which were recommended for me to take by my doctor.

Gale offered to take a seat which I accepted.

"Do you like the food? We can order other food if you don't," he asked.

"Hmm no need. It looks delicious!" I answered.

"So, shall we eat?" His lovely expression with his smile really hit me but I just hid it by lowering my head.

I nodded.

"Is there places you wanna go?" he asked as we ate our first meal.

"Uh, I'll leave it to you, Gale." I grinned. I was cutting the meat using the steak knife in my right hand and a fork in my left.

"Just tell me, okay?"

I can't resist him being so adorable. It's like I was floating mid air controlled by his gaze.

The food was amazing! I thought the pouched eggs were just like the normal bland pouched eggs but it was savory. Exceeding my expectations, the ham was tender and well cooked. I learned it was boiled into a soda that has some secret seasoning until it was cooked. It was quite strange but trust me, it was one of a kind. You cannot find cooked ham like this in any restaurants.

I went to the bathroom to have a shower right after we ate. Gale was so full so he let me use it first.

The free room service took over the utensils and the lounge which was not so dirty but still they managed to make it even cleaner. I wonder what other impressive things does this hotel offer.

It's was Gale's turn to use the bathroom.

It took me roughly three minutes searching for clothes in the wooden but aesthetically furnished closet which I already arranged when we got here. I finally decided to wear an oversized striped cardigan, long white tee, chunky scarf, skinny leather jeans and white strainers. Perfect in battling with the freezing breeze of winter. And of course I won't forget the resplendent necklace Gale gave me.