XII. Captured

Gale

It was late at night when I got home. My mouth was as quiet as the wind, making no sound as I got inside the house.

11:24 p.m. and I saw my mom in the living room, with a lots of papers and documents, probably business stuffs.

"I'm home, mom," I said as I closed the door. "There was an accident happened in school, and I initiated to help."

My mom noticed the bruise on my mouth. "Have you been into fight?"

"Uh, sort of, mom. Just a minor fight. But it's all right, mom. Don't worry."

"You were not answering my calls, how can I not worry?"

"I'm sorry, mom. It's just an emergency."

"Pick up my call, next time, okay?"

"Yes, mom."

I went upstairs to rest. I didn't feel hunger since we ate what Jay bought us in the hospital. There are some snacks in my mini-fridge under my bed so I can eat, anytime.

I was so tired. But I need to take a quick shower before sleeping. Also, I need to treat the bruise.

I really wanted to rest that it took only 6 minutes to finish taking a bath. I wore the clothes and was ready to sleep when I saw my journal.

Maybe, what I feel will lessen.

I was tired but still managed to write on my journal:

Destiny really finds a way to bend us, right?
Hopeless, but still determined to fight
So would you give me just one chance
To start and continue our sad romance?

I may have no power to keep us alive
But you are strong, you will survive
But if not, I really don't want to grieve
So let me show you the world, before we can finally leave

I didn't have energy to get out of my seat and so I fell asleep.

------

Today, thankfully, Claire will be discharged out of the hospital. I hope she will recover as fast as she could. The doctor advised her to take a rest until she fully recovered before she could take classes at the university.

All will be well.

I just hope... all will really be well.

I have a Congenital heart disease...

Which has no cure...

After she said those words, I felt like all energy from every part of my body has ran out, leaving me hopeless. I didn't know what to feel. My knees didn't have strength to stand up. My heart was slowly not having a courage to go on.

I couldn't save her, by any chance. Could I? I could save her... from my family. But I couldn't... from what she is suffering now.

The vision of Claire being in my future was getting blurry. Urging, I tried my best to look on the brighter side. I know that she can survive. There will be ways to prolong her life.

Why did she keep that as a secret? If only I had known it sooner, I would be able to protect her more, even if my family is hindering us. But even if I hadn't, I should've protected her, and do things that won't harm her. What happened in the gathering, was the first, and I couldn't afford to see Claire suffering, again.

It is Friday and I expected Claire will not be present in class. Normal discussions and boring lectures took places. Of course, there was no time I didn't worry about Claire. Is doing well? Does she feel okay?