Prologue

March 15, 1991
9:14 a.m.

It was a bright sunny day of summer when the Peterwoods were preparing for a special celebration. Albert Peterwoods just got his business permit and may run the business in the following month.

Antonnete Peterwoods, his wife, was preparing the utensils for the guests when she felt tingling on her lower abdomen. Trying to ignore the pain, she closed her eyes until she dropped the glass she was wiping dry on the table which almost shattered.

She cried in pain holding the back part of her hips for support. "Albert!" she shouted, audible enough for Albert to hear who was seated at the living room.

His husband, Albert, in a second rushed towards her, checking her. He noticed a transparent white liquid dripping on her legs which brought a surprise to his face.

"Come on, call an ambulance!" Albert yelled at their maid. His expression was a mix of nervousness and excitement.

The maid eagerly went to call the hospital's emergency hotline. The nervous atmosphere was so contagious even the maids were rushing in everything they do.

The guests and visitors circled the couple, curious on what's going on. Murmurs burst which clearly showed that they were not even helping. They were just adding heat to the room and slowly making Antonnete breath hardly.

Five minutes later, an ambulance arrived, unloading medical personnels to assist the family. They asked the crowd of people to give way for them which was followed immediately.

Antonnete was sweating, her palms were cold. With the red and white light blinking simultaneously, she held her husband's hand as she was being held inside the ambulance.

"I'm scared," she said with a cracked voice. She was breathing deeply as if she was being drowned. "What if I can't do this?"

Caressing her hair, Albert responded, "All will be well honey, all will be well."

Filled with combination of emotions, it was the most awaited day of their life. Antonnete, will be giving birth to their first-ever son. The son who will retain the name Peterwoods.

Arriving at the hospital, Antonnete can hardly say a word. She was nervous and at the same time scared that she almost even forget the pain in her womb

"I love you," says Albert, sealing a kiss in his wife's forehead as she headed to the delivery room.

* * *

5:21 p.m.

The cry of two newly-born babies comes with exchanging of money. A contract which could either ruin the pitiful baby's life or make him satisfied.

Antonnete Peterwoods gladly accepted the deal. Carefully, she signed the contract that partially says:

The boy, until the age of 21, can't be married; and will only be married to the only girl of the family. The two must live separately and must not see one another until betrothal.

It was the happiest day for the Peterwoods—receiving a huge amount of cash, and the birth of their first son, Gale.