XV. King and Queen

Claire

Tuesday
2:09 p.m.

It somehow made me smile. I know Gale was exerting so much effort in coming up with a plan. Are we going to take some rides? Eat plenty of ice creams?

Well, that's something I would like to know.

I remember the times when I was in the hospital. I wish I could take back those hurtful words to Gale. I did not mean to say those words, but, I really just don't want to see people suffer with me. I want my life to be my battle alone.

I was so dumb to overlook those what Gale all did for me and still throwing out words more painful than a knife. I didn't thought of the reason why I am still here in my current position, that if it wasn't because of him, I will be severely traumatized with the incident on the gathering, or worse, died.

Gale was there. He's always there for me.

Despite my shortcomings, Gale kept insisting that I ended up letting him do what he wanted. When they visited me last Sunday, I felt so much comfort in my chest like I haven't attacked by my sickness before.

I had the chance to have a talk with Gale when Jay and Anna went out to buy food for us. I took that opportunity to apologize but Gale, on the other hand, was the one who did an apology in the end.

I told him that he can do whatever he wants from now on, but still having a look on our limits. He can fetch me and take me to my unit, buy foods and much more, and especially, take good care. That's what he promised, that he won't let me be in a dangerous situation anymore.

I have a less than an hour to prepare for our- wait, what should I call it? A hangout? A date? Whatever it is, I'm still running out of time.

I am so lazy that even though I woke up at 7 in the morning, I still haven't taken a bath until now. Guess who is rushing now?

As a female, it isn't common fo us to have a quick shower, but, I have no choice. In just ten minutes, I'm done and all I have to worry is what outfit I am going to wear.

I searched for clothes in the wardrobe as I dried my hair with a towel. I saw bunch of pastel colored dress and skirts but i dont think it will match for me. I was stuck between choosing an oversized shirt and an off-shoulder shirt but I've chosen neither of the two. I took the fitted long-sleeved white shirt and just a denim pants. I organized things in my Birkin and done! Fifteen minutes before 3.

I didn't expect that it didn't take an hour or more for me to prepare for myself. Maybe it's just an episode of adrenaline rush. I utilized the remaining minutes to leave the unit and go down to wait for Gale.

After a few minutes, riding his dad's car, Gale arrived. Smiling as he was approaching me, he lowered the left windshield. He got out of the car wearing a semi formal attire, a long-sleeved blue polo shirt with it's sleeves folded enough to cover his elbows. His pants was a fit black slacks. His manly figure stood out that I almost lost my concentration.

"Are you ready to come with me?" he said in a crispy voice.

I reverted where I was looking st, "Uh, yes, I guess." I grabbed his hand and smiled.

What really is this? A normal hangout? The thought was blurry so as I sit beside him, I asked "Uh... Should we call this..."

"A date," he said in a declarative tone.

I stopped and I felt my cheeks blushing so I turned away, looking at buildings as we were heading to the Addison Square. I know Gale was smiling.

"So what do you want to do?" Gale asked.