XVII. Indirectly Romantic

Gale

Somehow, I understood how Anna felt. But what can I do? I already buried my feelings for her. And I already found the one for me.

I hope she too will understand about our situation.

Before going home from school, I told Claire about why she acted that way, and basically what happened on my past with her.

Claire chose to understand how Anna felt that time. She even wanted to go to her quarters but she hadn't witnessed her. Jay reported she was absent in her afternoon classes.

When the bell rang, I wanted to accompany Claire through her way to the unit but she said she can manage it so I just only waited for her to get a taxi and went straight home.

Earlier, I gave my group mates, Jay and Claire, a task to have their own initial plan. We did a voting on who shall be the leader of the group and they both voted for me while I voted for Jay. It's okay, by the way. They are both cooperative since we are close friends.

Preparing for our dinner, I saw mom as I entered the house. She invited me to take a seat as she served me what she cooked.

"Haven't you eaten yet? I made a beef stew with garlic chops. I'm sure you'll like it," said mom calmly.

"Sure, mom," I responded. The food looked good and the smell was mouthwatering. Mom was always expert at cooking since I was young.

I looked around and didn't see traces of dad. I wondered why he wasn't together with mom. "Where's dad, mom?" I asked as I ate a spoonful of beef stew.

"He was still at the office, having a meeting with the company staff."

"Oh I see."

I can hardly go straight upstairs as my stomach was so full when I finished eating but I forced myself to walk.

I went to my study table and sat. Since Claire and I were just starting in our relationship, I wanted her to feel loved. So I was thinking of a good plan.

As much as I wanted to be romantic with Claire, it's just, not in my nature. I do care for her for she means the world to me so I would do everything to make her feel comfortable.

I remembered that our local radio station here in New York does a broadcast featuring stories or messages sent by various people at 5 p.m. daily except on Sundays.

I came up with an idea of sending an indirect letter for Claire to the station. I searched for the ways on how to submit and when I found it, I eagerly opened my e-mail account and started writing.

I wrote all the thoughts I have for her. Unexpectedly, the words flowed smoothly in complement with what my heart speaks. I ensured that the words were made out of emotion and not of intention. I just hoped she would like it. And I had a strong feeling that she would surely like it.

After minutes of writing, I finally sent my letter to the corresponding station recipient. It was just right after I clicked the send button when I felt my fingers tingling so I just let it stop working. I slowly moved the fingers one by one and massaged them as the tingling sensation slowly disappeared.

I closed my laptop and I rushed to my my bed in tiredness that I forgot to change my clothes. But, I wanted to sleep so bad, so I wrapped myself with the blanket and closed my eyes.

I haven't even turned off the lights.

* * *

Wednesday
12:15 p.m.

It was only us three, Jay, Claire and I, who had lunch in the cafeteria. Anna probably still having a hard time accepting or any other reasons she might have.