II. Trip to Wonderland

Gale

5:51 p.m.

-

I got home nearly six. I was so tired and drained. I didn't know Mr. Smith will be our professor in Physics. What an unlucky day. He gave a surprise quiz and an assignment. Terrible.

I haven't changed my clothes yet and I have no plans on doing it. I went upstairs and as soon as I laid on my bed, I fell asleep.

* * *

"Gale? Hurry up!" said my mom to me. She was properly dressed in a matte lavender dress and was holding a Gucci bag in her left arm.

"Uh, Mom, where exactly will we go?"

Why does my voice sounded like a child?

"We are going to a wonderland!"

"Really Mom?! Yay!"

We arrived at our destination more or less in ten minutes. I was put in awe the moment I saw our destination.

The building was perfectly built. You can see a touch of sweetness, walls carved in dark but melancholic patterns. There are so many people gathering, carrying buckets with colorful objects.

"Is this wonderland?" I asked mom while glaring around it's facade.

"Isn't it? Well let's go inside!"

As we entered the building, giant lollipops were hanging at corners of the ceiling. I bumped into a fluffy pillow-like object, it was sticky. I tried to taste it, and it was sweet. It's a cotton candy.

Wonderland.

There were men who are in sky-blue suit, and later I realized that they were workers. I looked back at the door and noticed that the people are falling in line. What's happening?

"Mom? What are they doing?" I asked mom, pointing at the people.

"They are lining up so they can buy the products from this wonderland!" she answered.

The center of the building was slightly elevated, but was enough for the crowd to see whoever will be standing there.

Attention everybody. Please give a hand for Mr. Albert Peterwoods for his welcome remarks.

An automated voice set the people in attention. I can't really determine where it came from.

A lean man in blue suit, suddenly went on the center, holding a microphone.

As soon as he started to speak, questions formulated inside my brain. Why is he there? Why is he wearing a stunning suit? What's happening?

Due to curiosity and confusion, I shouted "Daddy!"

The whole crowd's attention was on me. I can see glares and stares but I just focused on my dad.

Dad smiled at me, and continued his speech.

After a while, there was an explosion of applause and confetti started to fall down. I can hear "congratulations" here and there. Handshakes everywhere.

Dad was approaching us. People kept on having handshakes with him on his way to us.

"Hey sweetie," he said, lifting me. He kissed mom on cheeks. "Do I look good?"

"Yes dad!" I said. "But why are you dressed like that?"

"You want me to tell a story?"

"Yes dad!"