Chapter 2

I step onto Brooklyn Place. A park that I've named after myself. I sit on a rock that's facing a small pond.

It was probably a bad idea for me to come here since it's freezing cold, but I wanted to come. To visit my calm spot.

When I first came here, I had went sightseeing. That was when I saw this beautiful place. I had passed a few parks that day, but this one had caught my attention. It was probably because this one was clean, the grass and trees looked really green, and, best of all, there was no one here. That's when I decided to call it my calm spot.

After my classes at NYFA I would come here and chill. I would spend maybe three hours just enjoying the peace. Just looking at this beautiful scenery, makes me feel relaxed.

I pull out my phone and dial my mom's number. This seems like the best time to call her, because when I get home I know I'm going to be busy with all the bills I have to pay.

The phone rings twice until she picks up.

"Hi honey. How are you?" my mom says into the phone. She sounds like she's been asleep, but that disappears quickly.

I get off the rock and start walking around the park.

"Hi mom, I'm doing good." I say into the receiver. I can hear her telling someone in the background that I'm on the phone. "I got your letter today. I can't believe my little cousin's getting married."

"She's not really your little cousin. You two are only two years apart." She corrects me. I can't help but smile. My mom is still correcting people. She's been doing it for years. "But, yeah me neither. It feels like it was yesterday when I changed her diapers."

She laughs into the phone at her little comment. I can't help but laugh along with her. One thing that I love about my mom is that she's very humorous. Even when she tells horrible jokes, I can't help but laugh.

"I called to let you know that I will be coming." I tell her.

A loud squeal comes from the other end. I pull the phone away from my ear. I wait a few seconds for my mom to get herself together. I put the phone back to my ear and hear that she's talking to someone really fast. I laugh. I know she's excited. When my mom's excited she starts to talk really fast. So fast that you can hardly understand her sometimes.

"That's great news dear! I can't wait to see my baby girl again." She says, calming down a little.

At the name baby girl I start to feel emotional. I miss my mom so much. I've never realized that until now. Sure I've missed her other times, but this is a strong kind of miss. I wipe my eyes to make sure I don't have tears in them. I breathe a sigh of relief when my fingers aren't wet. I don't want to cry while I'm on the phone with her. That will ruin her happiness and she'll start crying too.

I talk to my mom for a few minutes until she tells me that she has to cook dinner. We say our goodbyes and hang up the phone.

The wind is blowing gently, making the little bit of grass and the leaves on the trees rustle. I can feel my hair blowing along with the wind. I don't care if the wind is going to make strands of it stand up. I'm too busy enjoying the quiet and the beauty of nature.

I am suddenly interrupted by the ringtone of my phone. I sigh and pull it out of my purse. The caller I.D. reads an unfamiliar number. Who is this? My friend's and family's numbers are under their names. I hesitantly hit the answer button.

"Hello?" I ask cautiously.

"About time you answered the phone." A deep voice speaks on the other end of the receiver. I blink my eyes in confusion. This voice sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.