Chapter 5

Silence filled Central Park. It wasn't tensed, but it was peaceful. Since it was the morning, and it was a work/school day, the park wasn't as full as it was on weekends. Dog were being walked by their owners, couples were cuddling, and some middle-aged women was doing yoga by the oak trees.  

Kevin leaded me to the center of the park. He dropped my hand as he reached inside the picnic basket. A teal blanket, that was folded up neatly, was in his hands. He carefully unfolded it and spread it out on the bright green grass. 

I stared at his movements. They were so careful and precise. If I was being honest, I would say that I was completely fascinated. After having three boyfriends in the past years, none of them had moved like Kevin was. 

"Are you going to stand there and stare at me, or sit down and eat?" The tone of his voice was gentle but cold at the same time. 

I blinked and tried to sit down. But instead a big hand grabs my arm. I look down at it and see that Kevin was the owner of the hand. What did he want? He wanted me to sit down, but now he's stopping me from doing it. Why is he so difficult?

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I was now pressed against his muscular chest. My body immediately went flush. We are so close. The way he's holding me makes me feel...safe. Something that I have never felt with a man before. 

But then reality came to me. This was all for publicity. He doesn't really want to hold me. He was doing all this so that the paparazzi could get shots of us and say that we were a couple. Just from thinking about the situation like that made my mood dissipate. 

Suddenly, Kevin pulls us both down on the blanket. I was now between his legs, and his arms was still wrapped tightly around my waist. Our position makes my cheeks turn red for, what feels like, the millionth time. 

I feel his warm breath tickle my ear as he speaks in it. "Now, lean back. And stop looking so stiff." He gave a hiss at the last part of his statement. 

I leaned back against him. A hum of approval came from behind me. "Good girl." The appraisal made me squirm a little. For once Kevin appreciates something that I have done for him. 

His long tan arms start moving around in front of me. He pulls out a container filled with what looks like tuna. Then he pulled out a loaf of bread, silverware, and two paper plates. 

"Would you like a tuna sandwich?" The warmth from his breath brings a shiver through my body. He's so close to me. 

My voice came out almost as a whisper when I replied to him. "Sure." 

His muscular body leaves me in a second. I almost fall back, but I catch myself. I lean back on my arms as I watch Kevin make the sandwiches. 

The sun shines down on him. His dark brown hair looks lighter, and his skin looks golden. Unconsciously, I lick my lips. 

Kevin looks up at me. His brown eyes meet my blue ones. He gives me a sexy, but genuine, smile. I smile back at him in hopes that I'm doing a good job with my acting skills. Surprisingly Kevin nods his head in appreciation.

A boost of confidence spreads through me. Just from a nod I feel like I can do anything. Weird, but true. 

The plate of my tuna sandwich is pushed towards me. It looks perfectly made. None of the tuna is hanging out of the bread. 

"Thank you. I bet it's going to be delicious." I speak honestly. I go to pick it up, but Kevin's hands stop me. He grabs both of my hands and tangles our fingers together. I stare at our entwined fingers. This isn't the first time we've held hands like this, but it still makes my heart beat faster.