Chapter 1

*THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* 

The thumping noises wakes me up as it continues through the wall between my apartment and the one next door. It gets louder as it continues on. What the hell is going on? 

I slowly open my eyes. I am met with the dim lighting of the sun rising from the balcony door. I stare at the sunrise as I try to get my eyes focused.

When I feel a little awake, I sit up from my laid back position. A yawn escapes me as I stretch my arms over my head. I sigh contentedly at the feeling of my bones cracking. I must have been sleeping on my arms because my bones has never cracked like that.

I throw the covers off of me. When my feet touch the ground I can't help but yelp. The floor is freezing cold. If I'm going to get up I'm going to need my socks. I scan the room for my pink furry socks. Luckily they are right beside me. I put them on and stand up. 

The noises continue as I make my way to the kitchen. If they don't think there's a possibility of making a lot of noises and not annoy someone, they're lunatics. I ball my hands into fists and pound on the connecting wall.

"Can you please keep the noises down!" I yell through the wall.

I try to keep the irritation out of my voice, but it doesn't work. It's not easy for me to not be irritated when it's six in the morning. It's just not.

The noises finally stop. I release a sigh of relief. Maybe they sensed how irritated I was getting. 

The thumping noises start up again after a minute, though. I spoke to soon. 

"Jerks." I mumble to myself.

I start to make myself a cup of coffee. Maybe that'll ease my nerves. Right now they're through the roof. Whoever this person is they sure don't care that it's early in the morning. When I first came in, I made sure that I wasn't disturbing any of my neighbors. That was before I found out that there was no one living next door. 

My thoughts are interrupted by someone knocking on the door. I drop the spoon that I was using to stir my cream and sugar, in my coffee.

I walk over to door. On the tip of my toes, I look through the peephole. Standing there is a guy who looks young. Like around my age. I unlock the door and open it. I can't help but stare at the sight in front of me. 

In front of me is a guy who looks like a supermodel. His skin is perfectly tanned and he has cheekbones. That aren't too sharp, but they still look hot. His skin is clear of acne and it shines a little. Not only is his face beautiful, but his hair is soft looking. Who is this guy? Hercules?

Suddenly a look of frustration crosses his face. Why is he looking at me like that? Did I do something wrong? I frantically think of possibilities of what could be wrong. Until it hits me. I didn't greet him. I'm probably creeping him out with my staring. 

"H-Hi." Way to play it cool, Brooke. 

Mr. Supermodel releases a deep sigh, and asks hastily, "Do you have a screwdriver?" 

His response catches me off guard. I blink at him in confusion. Someone must have gotten off on the wrong side of the bed.

"Well?" he asks in cold voice. 

 I jump a little at the tone of his voice. This guy's looks is beautiful but his attitude is the exact opposite.

 I nod my head, and hurriedly walk away from the door. I head back into the kitchen. I rummage through the kitchen drawers. I think I have a screwdriver from when I was putting a coffee table together. I take it out when I find it. I head back to the door.