Chapter 11

I take a sip of my coffee as I look around the city. I am at Starbucks waiting for some friends of mine that I have met here in New York, and Ava. I haven't seen them in a while, and since I have some free time and Kevin has a photo shoot today, I decided to invite them out to lunch. 

"Brooke!" 

I look up from my phone and see them, Aubrey, Maya, Ava, and Sophia, coming towards me. A smile spreads across my face, and I wave them over. I get up from my seat and hug them all.

"Hi guys. It's been awhile." I greet them. The hum in agreement as they take their seats. 

Sophia and I were the only ones that went to NYFA. Sophia was also studying for photography. Instead of her dropping out, like me, she stayed and earned her major. 

Sophia and I had met Aubrey when we were on our way to school, and saw her crying on a park bench. We went over to her and asked her what was wrong. Coming to find out she had caught her ex boyfriend cheating on her, and she was heartbroken. Sophia and I were late to out class because we were comforting her. 

Aubrey has been in a lot of relationships, but they never lasted. The longest one she was in lasted two years. After being in her 12th relationship, she gave up dating and started focusing on herself and her art. 

Later on in our friendship, we found Maya in Central Park, getting talked to death by an old lady. She looked like she needed help so we did. We told the old lady that we needed he because it was an emergency. The lady had apologized and shooed us away. Maya had thanked us with a shy smile. Sophia, Aubrey, and I welcomed her and invited her to go out to lunch with us. She had hesitated but went with us. That's how we became four best friends. 

The girls are getting their drinks, so I am left alone again. As I wait my phone buzzes beside me. I look down at the screen and see that Kevin sent me a text message. It says: 

Hey, I finished my photo shoot. Wanna do something today? -Kevin

Sure. Right now I'm hanging out with some friends of mine. Is 2 okay? -Brooke

 Yeah, meet me at Rockefeller Center -Kevin

Okay. See u soon! xoxo - Brooke

"Someone's happy. Who are you texting?" 

I look up from my phone and see the girls coming back. I blush and put my phone back in my purse. I don't know if I should tell my friends about me and Kevin getting back together. After that tragic night four months ago, I had went crying to them. Them, being good friends, comforted me and told me there was plenty of fish in the sea. We had spent the rest of the night drinking, eating ice cream, and watching comedy movies.

They are looking at me as if they're waiting for an answer. I take a deep breath. I should tell them. They probably heard about us in the magazines anyway. Like Ava, for an example. 

"Kevin Anderson." I mumble. 

I hear four gasps around me. I look at all of them. Aubrey, Sophia, and Maya has shock looks on their faces. Ava, on the other hand, has a smirk. 

"I thought you guys broke up. Now your back together?" Sophia asks. 

I give her a nod. I sip my coffee nervously. I hope they take this well. The last thing I want to happen is my best friends and boyfriend not getting along. That would be horrible.

"How did this happen?" Maya asks in her usual soft voice. 

"After Ava dropped me off at my apartment, he came over. I was about to yell at him because he was being bossy, but he kissed me. He had caught me off guard so before I could get my thoughts together he started explaining himself and confessed his liking to me." I explain.