Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The room was thumping with Chains by Nick Jonas. Everyone in the, not so surprising, big room is moving to the beat. While I'm sitting at a bar sipping a misty cocktail.

Kevin told me he'll be back fifteen minutes ago. I got a feeling that he's not coming back. I sigh and gulp the rest of the mysterious cocktail. I raise my hand towards the bartender. Good thing he wasn't busy, because he came right over.

"What can I get you? Again." He gives me a kind grin. His teeth is straight and really white. So white, that I could see myself through them.

"Can I get one of your strongest drinks, please?" I asked. The bartender furrowed his eyebrows. He looks worried and confused at the same time.

"I don't think you'll be able to handle it, babe. How about an alcoholic fruit punch?" He moved his eyebrows up and down. I laughed at the movement. This guy seems pretty funny. He's really laid back and seems like the type to not care what anyone says about him. This guy is definitely the opposite of Kevin.

I nod my head in between laughs. The guy gives me a wink and walks away to get my drink. I turn myself around in the bar stool. Familiar actors, actresses, and singers fill this entire room. When Kevin and I came in, a few came to greet us, but then walked away.

The feeling of loneliness spreads through my chest. Without Kevin around, I want to leave so bad. I don't fit in with this crowd. At. All.

These people have millions of dollars. They also have been on hit TV shows, movies, and sometimes reality shows. While I just take pictures for a magazine article.

"What's a pretty girl like you thinking about? Seems like you're having one of those insecure moments."

I look up and see the charming bartender. He gives me a kind smile as he sets down my alcoholic fruit punch. I give him a small smile and nod my head.

"Yeah. I just don't belong..." I wave my hand around me. "Here" I pick up the glass of fruit punch and take a sip of it. The taste of whiskey meets my taste buds along with the sweet taste of the fruit punch.

Silence falls between us with the music thumping around us. The silence doesn't feel awkward like it usually is with Kevin and I. Maybe it's because this guy is chill and nice. Also really charming.

"I don't think I introduced myself. The name's Jason Denson, but my friends call me Jace." The bartender, Jace, holds his hand out. I place my small dainty one in it and we shake hands. His hands are big like Kevin's, except it's a little paler. Way different from the tan skin.

"Brooke." I reply. We let go of each other's hands and Jace then reaches across the counter. His thumb brushes across the corner of my lips. My body starts getting warm in an instant. Jace notices and he starts laughing.

"Sorry Hun, you had a little fruit punch there." His voice sounds warm and silky as he apologizes.

I give him a small nod and look around in search for Kevin. Millions of people are spread out everywhere. Making it harder for me to spot him. I turn back around in my seat. Jace is writing something down on a piece of paper.

"I know you Kev's girl, but here's my number. Let me know if you need some company if he breaks that innocent heart of yours. I know he's the type to do that." He passes the paper over to me. With a wink and a cheeky grin, he leaves. I watch his back as he walks over to someone else to get their order.

I lift the piece of paper, and see a number written with neat handwriting. A smile spreads across my face. There's something about Jace that just makes you feel...happy. But something that he said a minute ago fills my thoughts. 'Let me know if you need some company if he breaks that innocent little heart of yours. I know he's the type to do that.' I wonder if Jace and Kevin have known each other for a while. From the comment Jace made, I got a feeling that they are. With a shrug, I tuck the piece of paper in my purse and get up from the bar stool.