Chapter 4

I mix the noodles up with the spaghetti sauce as I make dinner. Maroon 5 is playing on Pandora on my phone. I sing the song happily as I cook. The combination of listening to music and cooking puts me in a good mood. It makes me forget all of my troubles from earlier.

I turn the stove off after the noodles are finished cooking. I stand up on the tips of my toes and open the cabinet. I pull out my new bottle of red wine. I can't wait to drink this. Aubrey suggested this to me. From her point of view, she said it was the best wine she has drunk. I bet it's sweet and delicious, knowing Aubrey since she likes her drinks to be sweet. I set the bottle down on the counter next to my wine glass.

The smell of Yankee Candle's Blue Summer Sky fills the apartment. Its fresh scent makes me relax more easily. Which I definitely need after today. With Kevin taking me to a very expensive restaurant and finding out that he's a male model, I need a drink a peaceful scent like this.

I shake those thoughts away, and pick up the bottle of wine carefully. I watch the red velvety liquid swish around as I pour it in my glass. The rich scent makes me moan in delight. Just from the smell I can tell that this is going to taste succulent.

I take a sip of the heavenly scented wine and hum in appreciation. The taste is just as mouthwatering as the smell. I take a couple of more sips, and finally set it down. I need to eat before I get drunk. I don't want to end up with my head in the toilet in the morning. That won't be the best way to start off the day.

I scoop out some of the spaghetti noodles and put it on a plastic plate. I sit down at my small dining table, and start eating it along with the wine.

When I finish eating and drinking, I throw my plate away and pour me another glass of the delicious wine. I look up at the clock that's hanging on the wall opposite of me. The small hand is on the ten while the big hand is close to the eleven. I have a few minutes until I have to meet Kevin outside. 

I set my glass on the counter, and reach up. I comb through my long, wavy, dark brown hair. The tangles in it causes me to wince. I pull it over my shoulder, and reach for my red varsity jacket. I slip it on along with my red converse. 

On my way towards the sliding doors, I check my self out in the mirror. I don't really care what Kevin thinks of what I am wearing, but I still want to look presentable. I smile, satisfied with my look, and continue walking. 

I slide the doors open and a wisp of smoke meets my nose. I gag a little at the strong smell of the nicotine. I look over to my right, and see Kevin leaning over the railing with a cigarette between his fingers. I freeze on the spot as I stare at him. He looks so sexy and model-like. I would have been falling head over heels for him if he wasn't a big jerk. 

I gently step out of the doorway, and stand by his side. Kevin looks over at me while putting the cigarette in his mouth.

"Hi, sorry I'm late." I apologize.

Kevin scoffs, and turns away from me. I watch as he flicks ash from the cigarette onto the ground. There he goes with his rudeness. This dude really needs to get his attitude check, because it's not appealing whatsoever. 

I release a tired sigh, and  stare at the bright lights of New York City. They may be harming our air, but they sure can give off a beautiful sight at night.

"It's true that I'm a male model." 

I move my gaze away from the city lights and to Kevin. He finishes the last bit of the cigarette and throws it on the ground. I watch as he squishes it in the concrete.

"Oh." I say softly. So he is a model. That figures with his good looks, and his very fit body.

Nothing else comes out of our mouths. We just stand there, looking out at New York City. The silence around us isn't so comforting, but not tense either. It's neutral.