LOW BLOW

Anyway, I took out the flash drive and inserted it in my machine. There was only one folder and in it was a single video. I saw in the video my girl tied up in a chair. There was a rag tied across her mouth to prevent her from screaming. The sounds she made were quite muffled. She had sweat all over her body and there were tears in those dreamy eyes. Staring into those eyes,all I could see was fear. Her eyes pled to be rescued.
I couldn't watch the video any longer. At the end of it all, a masked man stared into the camera and warned me that if I brought the police into the issue, my girl was a goner. I called Joey and briefed him on the issue at hand. He asked me to chill out and that he would be coming over the next day. I had a really  rough night and my eyes were quite bloodshot the following day. Around 9am, Joey showed up. Boy was I glad to see him. "Hey man you alright?  Your eyes look kinda---" he never finished that statement. "Naa man,  I barely had enough sleep last night. " I replied.
"What was that about Shantel? " Joey inquired. I showed him the envelope on the table as I took a sip of my coffee. He took out the note and read it. "Man, don't tell me you actually fell for this shit. It's a fucking hoax." Joey said nonchalant. "I figured you might say that. " I smiled...