THE ENVELOPE

Back at my apartment, I hit the shower and since my audio set was playing one of my favorite Hip Hop songs of all time, I rapped along. I got out of the shower and was still nodding to the beat. One thing about Hip Hop was it didn't matter how composed you were, once it began playing it could definitely make you go off your rockers. "Now they always say congratulations, worked so hard forgot how to vacation, they ain't never had the the dedication. People hating saying we changed and look we made it. "
I sang along to Post Malone's "congratulations ".
For real I was in a very good mood. I'd forgotten all about the envelope. After wolfing down my meal, I stretched out and heard a bone crack. "Aaah, man that felt good. " The audio set was still playing but I wanted to change the current song. In an attempt to pick up the remote control from the table, I came across the envelope. "Oh, totally forgot about you. " I said picking it up. I tore it open to find a flash drive and a piece of writing. I fished out the piece of writing. The note addressed to me was scribbled down in really poor handwriting. It took me a while to figure out what it said. It simply read "We've got your girl Shanntel. If want her back, transfer £5000 to this account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This no prank, the drive emfasize my point. " The person clearly had a serious issue with his grammar. His spelling too...