GAME ON

"Yo Sam, get your head in the game, man." Ivan called out. We were in the third quarter and were headed down the path to defeat. That was all thanks to me. "Oooh...boo! boo!" The crowd booed as I missed a grand opening yet again. Coach McCaulvin called for a time-out and beckoned me over. "Wells what you doing man?  We could really use this win. Come on you gotta do something else you leave me no choice but to substitute you." He poured out. I ran back to the court all fired up. Cyril was one hell of a dribbler. He mostly left his opponents feeling stupid. Tonight was no different. The cheers from the crowd only boosted his ego. He swiftly made his way through the opponents defence and passed me the ball. I was a bit hesitant as I tried to ward off my opponent all the while bouncing away.  "Sam, just shoot the damn ball! " I could sense Coach's frustration. I shut everybody out and focused on the task at hand. I faked a move which the opponent totally fell for. He was out of the equation in a matter of seconds. I made my shut and the ball flew effortlessly into the hoops. "Kerplorp."The crowd went wild. The guy I had made a fool out of stared at me angrily. I only grinned at him...