BALLING

With these thoughts in mind, I began my day always hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Funny how that sounds but you would understand if you had been in my shoes. Joey had called recently to let me know we would be balling the upcoming weekend. At least that gave me something to look forward to. Matter of fact, basketball was the only thing that kept me going. Well basketball and noodles. But the rhythmic bouncing of the ball as my sweat trickled down my face into my Lakers tank top, staring down my opponent as I searched for an opening was what mostly kept me sane.
Believe it or not, I had tried on several occasions to falter on purpose with the ball but it's like the ball was always glued to my hand. I felt the ball could synchronize with my emotions and its rhythmic bouncing was in line with my heartbeat always.
"Sam, we gotta go". Joey voiced out, immediately cutting through my reverie. It was a good game. I was really on fire. I scored several three pointers and with the rebounds, Joey took care of those. The cheers from the crowd was pretty deafening. The girls were swooning all over me; something I had pretty much gotten used to. They kept asking for my autographs and were giving me all these looks, ready to tear me apart if they got the chance to...