Chapter 14- Peace at Last

~Josh's POV

After the whole admitting thing, the stupid dessert choosing thing (still laughing at it) and the tour it was finally time to end the tour. So we played the show in Toronto and we flew back to Vancouver. Now I had alone time with Matt.

Mike and Ian were going to go to Taylor's for a week. And yeah they're nice guys, but sometimes I'd wish they'd buzz off.

So it's been 2 days since the tour and the reporters have died down knowing the truth. Angry Trenchers aren't angry anymore. Everything settled down.

So today, I was with Matt walking around. We weren't holding hands cause we don't believe in that. But you could probably still tell we were together. Two guys, casually walking, talking, wearing ripped jeans and t-shirts and drinking Coke Zero.

"Want to visit my parents today?" Matt asked quietly. I froze suddenly. Unlike my parents, Matt's were more strict about gays and stuff of that sort. Even when I used to visit him as a kid, his mom wouldn't be the nicest one. But his grandpa was super awesome. He was the one that inspired Matt to persue music.

"Why?" I replied non-chalantly

"To tell them. They're probably shunning me but I want them to know. Directly from me." I nodded

"I thought they hated...us" I stammered. It was true. And the idea of Matt's mom seeing us face to face scared the shit out of me sometimes.

"Sure"

~~~~~~

So a fiftheen minute drive later, we were in front of Matt's parent's house. We had stayed silent the entire drive, and Matt's awkward silence made me want to say something.

I could sense Matt tensed up. Even the fact that Matt persued music caused his parents to be shooken up. We walked up the old, stone steps to the porch where Matt timidly rang the doorbell. We help our breath as the door opened. There stood Matt's grandpa.

"Grandpa!"

"Matt!" they guy hugged. "Come in." The second we stepped in, Matt's parents showed up. They took a second to narrow their eyes at us.

"What are you doing here Matthew?" I felt Mat't's hand, which he had been gripping mine since we entered, loosen.

"Mom, I just wanted to talk." Matt whispered taking a step back out the door. The moment we were out, they locked the door behind us. Even Matt's grandpa wouldn't get it for us. Matt broke down.

"They...won't...even....listen" he tried to say in between sobs. I held him close as we sat on the porch steps.

"It'll be fine." I murmered rocking him back and forth.  I got up and tried to open the door. I rang the dootbell but all I got was Matt's mom yelling at us to "get off her property before she called the cops!"I kept silent now.

"No it won't...we can't even get in" angry tears poured down Matt's face. I brushed them away.

"Do you have a spare key hidden somewhere?" I ask him. I needed to fix this for him. He nodded, gesturing towards the ugly, brown, woven door mat. I lifted it up and sure enough, taped underneath it was a spare key. I put it into the key hole and sure enough it worked.

Matt got up smiling, "You are amazing Josh" I chuckled.

"Ämazing people date other amazing people." Matt visably blushed. We walked into the house quietly. We walked into the small kitchen. Matt's mom didn't notice us untill Matt spoke up.

"Mom?" She turned almosty jumping out of the skin before glaring at us.

"How'd you get in? "I showed her the spare key. She nodded "Fine, what do you want Matthew. Take a seat." We sat the table. Matt's grandpa sat in the living room near by

"I'm staying with Josh. There's nothing you can do about it." Matt pronounced.

"Why Josh?" that hurt.

"Because he's everything. And I'm seriously in love with him." I blushed

"No." she said flatly.

"Why?"

"Cause no son of mine is going to be going out with a drug addict." I glared at her.

"He's not a drug addict. He's fine now." Matt said frowning..

Matt's mom  chuckled darkly, "So are you saying he was never on heroin? Are you saying he practically ruined your highschool years? Are you saying he didn't ruin your life Matthew?" I felt like punching that bitch. I stayed quiet and still instead.

"So he might've been but he's changed."

"Fine. Leave him and stay. Or leave and you can have your precious Joshua." you could hear the implied threat and sarcasm. Lucky us, we got up in left.

"YOU'LL REGRET THIS MATTHEW" was all we could hear after. I was actually expecting Matt to burst out crying afterwards. Instead he smiled.

"Ï'M FREEEE! THat bitch is gone from my life." he grinned so broadly it made me grin knowing he was happy.

We climbed into the car smiling. I pulled Matt into my lap like I had done with Jeena. But I was with Matt cause I loved him.I kissed him roughly.

" Ohhhh.... Josh" he murmered. I made sure we were in the driveway to piss of Matt's mom. She found us there and threatened the cops again. But we kept kissing. We held on to each other like we would die with out each other. Mentally, without Matt I would just burrow in a closet and cry my eyeballs. out.

"When I hear that old song. We used to sing. With the words all wrong" I sang in his ear. We were in the neighbourhood where we met, I had my drug problems and we were back here. We just stayed there for like a minute before we heard cop sirens in the distance. We burst out laughing as I drove away laughing not knowing if the cops were after us at all. It didn't matter anyway.