Chapter 23- Ever After

~Matt's POV

I had no idea what Josh had planned for our 15 years of meeting anniversary. It was a big event for both of us. So as scheduled, I met Josh at 6 o clock at his apartment. He was out for the entire day "planning our special day" he would say.

It was around six and I was casually lounging around his apartment, his pets wandering around. I was dresses in a black button up shirt and black jeans. My phone was kneading with Twitter mentions, because it turned out that Josh had Tweeted about the "big date" but no other details. It was funny to see all the ecstatic fans.

At the same time, I was nervous. Everytime Josh and I were getting close and whatever, some problem like Jeena or something other pops up and ruins everything. Although, the dark, evil voice tells me "Josh and you aren't meant to be!". But I know that isn't true.

When I heard the door open, I turned to see Mike and Ian. Josh told me about their confrontation.

"Hey Matt, I-" Mike couldn't continue before I got up and pointed to the door.

"Out!" they obeyed thankfully. Another five minutes later, I heard the door open and Josh walked in with a duffel bag full of stuff.

"Hey" he called to me before pecking me on the cheek. He was wearing black pants, white button up and a blue and grey tie. And he had that horrible hat from the Cross My Heart video. He smiled at me.

"That hat!" I yelled in dramatic affect. Josh rolled his eyes and he took it off. He placed it on my head. I pretended to gag as Josh laughed.

"Fine I won't wear it." he threw it across the room. "Ready to go?" I nodded. We walked down the stairs to the parking lot where Josh's car sat.

Inside, Josh handed me a blindfold. "I'm not going to rape you. I just want it to be a major surprise, you know."

So I spent the entire car ride blindfolded as Josh and I talked about stuff, me trying to get the surprise out of him.

"Dinner?" I asked.

"No, Josh turned to me "Much better" I laughed.

"What could be better than going out with you" I found his lips blindly. He smiled against my lips.

"Going out with me doing the surprise thing." I rolled my eyes even though he wouldn't be able to see them.

I felt the car bump a little. I turned to Josh. "Construction area" he replied tersely. I nodded. The car stop and I heard Josh get out of the car. The trunk opened and closed with a loud snap.

Alight breeze entered the car as Josh opened my door and held my arm. "You can get out now." I nodded stepping out. The humid wind of August beat against my face. Josh held my arm as he lead me to where ever we were headed.

"Sit" he commanded. I squatted and used my hands as guides. The prickle of grass brushed in my hand. I felt Josh sit next to me, his arm casually around me.

"I'm going to take your blindfold off now." I felt jittery and overly excited as the blindfolded slipped off my head. I kept my eyes closed and when I opened my eyes I couldn't help but smile.

"Welcome to Nowhere" Joshmurmered in my ear earning him a kiss. He laughed. He escorted me to the single tree that stood against the cliff.

I felt my eyes tear up as I read what was engraved in the tree.

[Matt+Josh Perfect as Porcelain.]

I turned to Josh who had a sheepish grin on his face "Like it?" he asked.

I ran into his arms crying and laughing. "I love it." I felt Josh crying over my head. I held him tighter.

"One more surprise" he said. Tears were streaking across my face in pure happiness. He walked me over to the clift where we took a seat again. I still hadn't gotten over the fact he had done that for me.

"When did you do that?" I asked. He gave me a smile.

"The entire day as I was gone." I nodded. That made sense. "Now for the grand finale" he said waving his arms in the air doing jazz hands. I laughed at him despite it all.

"Matt. I love you so much and I hope you know that." he started to cry. I held him closely. "I wil always be there for you. No matter what." I felt myself crying.

I held Josh's hand drawing small circles on the palm of his hand.

"I know that no matter what I do, it will not ever match to what you truly deserve. No one, not even me, will ever be able to create a wedding for you that really is what you mean to me. But I think ican try" I stared at him and he stopped crying to give me a sheepish grin.

Did he say something about a wedding? And him trying to plan ME one?

"Matt, will you be Ever After to my Perfect Disaster?" I felt myself collapse in his arms crying. I've wanted this so mug and now j got it. Josh and I would complete and no one could destroy that. Not Jeena. Not Mike and Ian. Not my parents. Nothing.

Josh dug out a small box from his coat pocket. I thought it was the ring and started freaking out about what the ring would look like. I swear, I am such a female at times.

He opened it to reveal, not a ring, but a guitar pick. It was gold and our names were engraved in it. A few small diamonds were engraved in the top. This was better than any ring out there.

"Josh." I felt lost for words "This perfect"

"So?" he said. He wanted the million dollar answer to his million dollar question.

Josh knew me so well, he knew I would rather have the golden guitar pick than an average ring. That just proved Josh was meant for me. And let's just admit it, I'm meant for him too. Sure we went through alot, but in the end, we pulled through and did good didn't we?

Through my heavy sobs of happiness, I pulled Josh closer to me so my head lay in the crook of his neck. He smiled at me with tender eyes the said mischievous and caring. He whispered in my ear, his lips brushed my ears as he asked again.

"Well?"

He had been there when I couldn't figure myself out and was battling it out with my parents for my own happiness and stood up for me. He pointed out that it was ok to be how I am and really, just how to have a good time. I had been there when he was in the coma and going through his heroin addiction. And we were both there for each other when we started Marianas Trenh and we were just plain out struggling.

He is everything I would ever want; talented, caring, charmistic and perfect. Josh is my bestfriend and soon to be fiancè. In the end, we found each other

"I would be crazy if I didn't." I paused pulling him closer, if that was possible. The sunset was beautiful. He planned this all out didn't he. The shadows started to creep out as the light disappeared. He held me even closer as he anticipated the words that would make me his. And make him mine.

"Josh, I will." and then I kissed him hard hard and passionately.