Chapter 18- It's Only Temporary

~Josh's POV

Being that drama queen I was, I just left Matt on the clift crying out for me. I knew this time I may have lost Matt for good. Matt, I knew deep down, really was my soul mate. We had troubles andin the end we were still together. Just small setbacks.

We were probable one of the best couples with the most chemistry in the history of snythign. I wasn't kidding when I said that.

We would have our moment.

But one question did burn me alive: Did Matt really love me?

I don't think we had actually said it to one another formally. Just quickly and no offense, insencerly. Like text messages and apologies just to make sure they were still there with you. We never actually said it or meant it to each other.

As I climbed into the car, I groaned as I tried to get rid of the trash and crap on my windshield. Probably Matt. That was ok, I did piss him off. I realized Matt might actually find a way for me to stay and talk, so I drove away with a half clouded windshield.

"YOU KNOW WHAT!? FUCK YOU JOSH!" I heard Matt yell at me from the Clift. Instead of chosen me down like expected, he turned around and for a brief second I though he was goin jump off but instead, took a seat by the tree

For all I could care, he was crying.

I drove out of Nowhere and towards the main roads. Then the tears came. Did Matt just leave me completely. He seriously broke it off didn't he. Cause I was too much of a stubborn idiot. Why didn't I just sit to work it out?

Something told me to turn around and go back to him. But the logical, depressing side said I would just cause him to pitch himself of the Clift in anger. I couldn't ruin Matt more than I already have.

Switchin on the radio, I listened to the static buzz of some news station. I drove through the quiet streets aimlessly. I honestly had no where to go. Maybe my apartment, bu it was in the same complex as Matt and Mike. I couldn't stand to go back. Plus, it was a twenty minute drive from my parent's house where all our suff was.

And where I threw a tantrum. Wonder what happened after that. My mom knew and didn't mind. But she didn't know about Jeena. Maybe she deserved to know.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed her number leaving it on speaker so I didn't have to hold my phone as I was talking.

"Corlynn, how may I help you?" she greeted cheerfully. I bet if hey had Caller ID and saw my number hey wouldn't pick up or would great me in an entirely diffren way.

"Hey Mom, it's Josh" I said meekly. I heard her sigh in the background. Then Carly's voice. What was she doing over at my parent's house?

"Where are you Josh?" she snapped. She being Carly.

"I was thinking either my apartment or parent's place." I replied a little unsure of myself. I could I bring myself to talk to my parents.

"Fine" she said and then she passed the phone to my mother.

"Where are you Josh?" she asked. They were on speaker. Before I could even answer "Are you driving? Josh, that's so dangerous!" she said going all mom attack on me.

"Mom." I said ending it.

"Oh. Right. So, have you talked to Matt yet?" she asked. I stiffened a little. I drove around the corner. My apartment it was then.

"Yeah" i said quickly. I did. Didn't I?

"Well how'd it go?"

I groaned. "I think we're over. We mostly yelled and fought. I couldn't work things out." I felt a new set of tears come.

"Josh." my mom said soothingly. "Things aren't going to ge better unless you want them to" I rolled my eyes at my mom's incitefulness.

"I do want things to get better!"

She sighed now. "Then you really do have to work it out." I nodded e en though she couldn't see me. "Talk about it. Express your feelings. Work it out" I thought it over. Reasonable enough.

"Sure" I replied. I had pulled up against the side walk to the complex. I stayed in the car. "Thanks Mom"

"Your welcome" she paused. "I know you can make it work. You and Matt are the best couple I have ever known." with that she hung up.

I knew what she meant by fixing it. Go back to Matt. It was late and dark out but this couldn't wait. I looked around and Matt's car was no where to be seen. So he was most likely still Nowhere. If not, I would find him. I wouldn't sleep until I did.

I pulled out of the parallel park and drove back to the direction of the base of Nowhere. I felt smiles come to my face as I thought of making it work with Matt. I could barely contain myself as I drove closer to it. I was a ten minute drive from the hill. From my apartment.

As I neared the hill, I felt myself twitching and being extra fidgety. I wasactually kinda nervous about talking with Matt.

This would be the first one on one conversation about a problem Matt ever. I hope it would be our last.

I took the last turn and was reaching the base of the hill when I felt the impact. It was crazy as the door crumpled against me.

I was just hit by a car.

I felt the pain everywhere and instantly felt sleep. I still had to tell Matt. Jeez I was tired.

"Matt. We need to talk" I muttered to no one as my eyelids closed and the world went silent.