Chapter 21- Going Up

~Matt's POV

I sat in the van impatiently. How long was it going to take forthe guys to come back with Josh? Tapping the wheel quietly, I craned my neck to watch a trio exit the building. Sadly, it was Josh.

Last night, I did sleep with Josh. But at around three in the morning, I was forced out and I went home. At least I knew he was ok so I could finally sleep.

His family and I had basically camped out in the hallway. We never went away except to go to the washroom, get food or have some quiet time to grieve over Josh. So we didn't shower or change our clothes. It was like our lives took pause as Josh's did.

Mike and Ian volunteered to get Josh from the hospital because they wanted some two on one with Josh. I didn't mind. They didn't camp out with the rest of his family.

Sitting in the van, i watched the sliding doors of the hospital. Out when two guys, a doctor and someone and a wheelchair came out. They approached closer and I saw Josh in the wheelchair.

Why was Josh on the wheelchair?

I jumped out of the car and ran to the group. Josh smiled as he saw me. "JOSH!" I yelled. I crouched down to hug him. He hugged me back. I felt an overwhelming amount of happiness come over me and I felt tears pour. Josh chuckled wiping them away.

"Don't you ever fucking leave me again you ass" I told him. He laughed.

"And you didn't say that last night" he kissed me on my cheek giving me a smirk.

I shrugged. "You just woke up. I didn't want to bother you too much"

Josh laughed. I stared at the wheelchair like it was a foreign UFO. He mustve read my mind. "They think I'm too weak to walk out of the hospital. Lucky me though, the reporters were gone"

I laughed. I jumped in to the car taking the wheel. The doctor helped get Josh into the car taking back the wheelchair.

"Bye Josh" he said walking back with the wheelchair. Josh waved back.

I started the engine. The first thing Josh did was turn on the radio. Pulling out of the parking lot, I felt Josh's clammy hand close around my free hand. The other on the wheel securely.

"I love you Matt" he whispered. I don't know why he whispered considering Mike and Ian were behind us and they were playing some video game on their phones. They were completely zoned out.

I kissed Josh quickly on the lips. "I love you too Josh". Stopping at a red light, Josh took advantage of it to have a make out session with me. It was so amazing that I couldn't believe that I had gone over a week without it.

Josh and I talked about random stuff that was happening and I updated him on the world. "You didn't cheat on me did you?" Josh asked timidly.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "Why on earth would I cheat on you. I was waiting for you to wake up tthe entire time. I can't leave you again. Never"I said kind of angrily. Some tears welled into my eyes.

Josh wiped them away. We hit another red light. I swear they're rigging it so the car ride with everyone is even longer than necessary. "I didn't mean it like that." he said quietly

He leaned in and kissed . Slowly and questioning at first and then pationately and a little rouch later on. Josh's hand trailed my thigh and to my hips as mine found their way around his neck. We were so busy with each each other we didn't notice the light change to green. Angry drivers honked us and flashed us the finger as they swerved around our van.

But who cared? I was with Josh. He still loved me and I still loved him. Mike pat my shoulder to stop. Stopping, Josh gave me a mischiveuous smile.

"Get a room you two"Ian called out. I started to drive again.

"We already did and we plan to tonight"replied Josh non-chalantly. We did? Either way, Ian's reaction in the rearview mirror was priceless. Earning laughs from Josh, Mike and I.

We reached the apartment building that we all had apartments in. Mike and Ian ran to the revolving doors that ledfrom the parking lot to the second lobby. They ran off whereas I went around the car to help Josh out. He was still kind of weak and I didn't want him to get hurt. I held his hand and I had an arm around him.

"Matt, I'm fine" he said But we both knew he wasn't

"Ït's fine." I replied quickly. Josh's steps were a little wobbly, but otherwise he was ok. A 2L bottle of Coke Zero and he'd be back to his amazing self.

"Aren't you going to get our bags?" I took a trip last night to retrieve our bags from Josh's house.

I shook my head"That. Can. Wait." even though Josh was weak and I was strong, I still struggled to get him across the parking lot. Josh was trying his best to be lighter and holding his own weight.

We reached the entrance. Luckily, it was revolving doors even though automatic would be optimal. At least it wasn't a manually opening door. I dragged-carried Josh towards the elevator.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" I swore. The elevator boasted a [Out of Order] sign. New tactic in getting Josh to his apartment.

"Josh. Can you walk. With help?" I asked. I was practically carrying him anyway. He gave a nod. Why so silent anyways?

I tried to get Josh walking on his own. We climbed the stairs one at a time. One every minute. Occasionally, we would have to move so a perfectly capable person could walk by and stare at us.

"Can you do it Josh?" I murmured to him. We were on the third floor and I had taken us a half hour to get that far.

He shook his head. "Help?"

I nodded willingly. Another new tactic.

Scooping up Josh in my arms bridal style. Sure he was slightly heavy, it was ok. "Matt?" he asked me as I carried him up to the fourth floor.

"Yeah?" I asked. I was feeling tired.

"Thanks." that was all he had to say. I nodded as I climbed up the flight of stairs. Sucks to be us, we were on the 6 floor.

By the fifth floor, I was ready to collapse "You can do it" said Josh. Easy for him to say.

By the sixth floor, my legs were giving out.

"My room or yours?" I asked Josh.

"Mine" he said. He fished the keys from his pocket, handing them to me. I turned the key in the keyhole and we entered Josh's apartments.

I had been in Josh's room before. It was still slightly messy. His cats and Bennie came to greet us as we entered.

"Hey!" Josh said to his pets. I didn't let go to him so his outstretched pat his pets. Ian and Mike said they would come and feed his pets while we were gone.

Opening the door to Josh's bedroom, I placed him lightly on the bed."Thank you" he said again. My hand still holding Josh's. Damn I was so tired. Suddenly Josh tugged my arm as I felt myself propel forward. Somehow, we ended lying down next to each other.

"Josh, you need to rest." I reasoned with him. I started to get up n

"Yeah, and I need you' I turned away so he couldn't see the blush forming on my cheeks. I felt my eyes succumb to the soft pillows.

"I love you so much Matt" Josh whispered in my ear. That was the last thing I heard before falling asleep.